If you are from the Trim Healthy Mama community chances are you’ve tried the Lazy Lasagna from the Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook. And chances are you loved it. I see it mentioned all the time in the Facebook groups and I’ve never seen a bad review. If you haven’t tried that one go buy the cookbook and make it. And then come make my Lazy White Lasagna.
Lazy White Lasagna – Low Carb, Keto, THM S, Gluten Free, Grain Free
This is inspired by the hit recipe from the THM Cookbook but I left out the tomato sauce and cottage cheese and added alfredo sauce and ricotta. I kept it under ten ingredients and tried to simplify the prep a bit. I had the idea to make this months ago but kept putting it off. I wish I hadn’t. It is rich and creamy with bubbly cheese and a hint of garlic. I served it with a quick Caesar salad with my two-minute homemade dressing.
Every night my husband says, “Thank you, honey, for a nice dinner”. But on the really good nights halfway through his meal, he pauses for a second, looks up at me, and also says, “This is REALLY good”. On White Lazy Lasagna night he did just that. And two of the four kids asked for third helpings.
For a vegetarian version saute chopped zucchini and onion in place of the ground meat and continue with the rest of the recipe.
Isn’t this Lazy White Lasagna pretty?
My White Lazy Lasagna has spinach to replace the pasta plus alfredo sauce and ricotta. It is so rich and creamy you'll never miss the noodles.
- 1.5 lb ground turkey or chicken
- 16 oz alfredo sauce (jarred or homemade)
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp salt, divided
- 1 tsp dried minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried minced onion
- 12 oz frozen spinach, thawed and drained well
- 8 oz shredded mozzarella
- In a large frying pan brown the meat. Crumble it into small pieces (I use a potato masher to do this) while cooking. Remove from the heat and add the alfredo sauce and 1/2 tsp salt. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 if baking immediately (you can also refrigerate for a day or two before baking).
- In a separate bowl whisk together the ricotta, egg, 1/2 tsp salt, garlic, and onion.
- Spread half the meat in the bottom of a large casserole dish. Top with half the ricotta and then half the spinach. Sprinkle half the mozzarella on top. Repeat the layers: meat, ricotta, spinach, and the finish with the rest of the mozzarella on top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until the cheese on top is golden and bubble.