This Easy Mozzarella & Pesto Chicken Casserole has only 5 ingredients and mixes up in 5 minutes. It is a great weeknight dinner. I used chicken I had cooked, cubed, and frozen and no one could even tell.
I used a classic basil pesto in this recipe but you can use any variety of pesto. I want to try it with sun-dried tomato pesto next time I make it.
Tips for Keto Pesto Chicken Casserole
You’ll see in the ingredients that I have a range of measurements for the heavy cream. If you use the lesser amount the sauce will be thick. For a thinner sauce to put over veggies use the whole amount.
How to make Casseroles Fast
Aren’t easy dinners the best? Since I used frozen cooked chicken for this (I thawed it first) the prep time was really only 5 minutes. I served this over zucchini noodles for dinner and had it over spinach the next day for lunch.
I hope you enjoy my Easy Mozzarella & Pesto Chicken Casserole!
And then come back and try these other chicken casseroles:
I had leftovers for lunch the next day over spinach – delicious! I can’t decide if I liked this better over zoodles or spinach. I want to try over mashed cauliflower next time.
- 1/4 cup pesto
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/4-1/2 cup heavy cream
- 8 oz mozzarella cubed
- 2 lb cooked cubed chicken breasts (I weighed this after cooking)
- 8 oz mozzarella shredded
- Preheat oven to 400. Spray a large casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Combine the first three ingredients and mix until smooth in a large bowl. Add the chicken and cubed mozzarella. Transfer to the casserole dish. Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella on top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Serve with zoodles, spinach, or mashed cauliflower.
Get the Keto
Over 75 delicious recipes with photos
for only $14.99!