Malibu Bay Breeze will give you a refreshing burst of flavor. Made with fresh cranberries, coconut extract, pineapple extract, and rum. It's like a tropical island in one easy drink! It's keto, low-carb, sugar-free, gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, and THM friendly!
Let's get the party started with this tasty cocktail! Even if you aren't a huge party animal, it's nice to relax with a cold drink at the end of a long day.
The combination of flavors in this Malibu Bay Breeze is seriously amazing! We love to enjoy a cocktail on occasion, and the sweet and tangy flavors make this one of my favorites.
While you are at it, be sure to try all of my keto cocktails. I have recipes for keto Moscow mule, keto pina colada, strawberry gimlet, and keto mojito. I can't even tell you which one is my favorite because they are all so delicious.
With just 5-ingredients, you will be sipping on this cool keto drink in no time.
- Cranberries - Fresh cranberries are key to getting the perfect amount of tanginess in the drink.
- Sweetener - Because cranberries are pretty tart, you will need a little bit of sweetener to add balance to the drink.
- Coconut Extract - If you eat a keto diet, it's a great idea to keep a variety of extracts on hand. They are great to add to drinks and desserts.
- Pineapple Extract - Oh, the fun you can have with this ingredient! It's so good and takes the drink to the next level.
- Rum - A little bit of your favorite rum, and you will have an incredible drink!
- Water - I know I said five ingredients, but I don't really count water as one. It's just needed for boiling the cranberries.
How To Make Malibu Bay Breeze
There are three easy-to-follow steps, and your drink will be ready. It doesn't get much simpler.
Step One: Start by boiling water and cranberries together for 5 minutes.
Step Two: Use a strainer and press all the juice out of the cranberries. Then add in the sweetener and stir until it's all dissolved.
Step Three: Pour in the rum, coconut extract, and pineapple extract. Then pour the drink over a glass of ice.
Can You Make This A Mocktail?
Yes, you certainly can! Feel free to exchange the rum for a splash of water. You may need to add a little bit more extract and sweetener to get the right flavor combination, so play with it until you love it.
Is Malibu Bay Breeze Keto?
No, typically, when you go out for drinks and order a Malibu Breeze, it's going to be FILLED with sugar. However, my version is completely keto-friendly. It is refined sugar free and low carb.
Can I Use Frozen Cranberries?
Yes, you can substitute fresh cranberries with frozen in a pinch. While I prefer the results of using fresh, you can't always find them in season. You may need to boil them a little bit longer if using frozen. Once they are soft and the juices have seeped out, they are done.
Can I Make This A Frozen Cocktail?
Sure! Simply Pour all of the ingredients into a blender with ice and give it a whirl until it's slushie. It's important to use a high-quality blender, so it chops the ice really well.
Like what you see? Follow me on Facebook! Love this recipe? Leave a comment & a 5-star rating right here! Make sure you don’t miss new recipes by getting email updates!
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 3 tablespoon Joy Filled Eats Sweetener (or see alternatives in recipe notes)
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 teaspoon pineapple extract
- 2 oz rum
- Boil the water and cranberries for 5 minutes.
- Strain and press the juice out of the cranberries. Add the sweetener and stir until it dissolves.
- Add the extract and rum. Pour over ice.
Leave a Reply