These Easy Samoas Cookie Bars take the cake (or the cookie) when you craving their namesake. With a shortbread crust, coconut, caramel, and chocolate my Samoas recipe is delicious with every bite.
Samoas Recipe for Cookie Bars – Low Carb, Keto, THM S, Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Sugar-Free
I guess I’m on a girl scout cookie kick. Tagalongs on Sunday and Samoas today! It is Fat Tuesday so I needed to make something chocolate. And since Samoas are my favorite girl scout cookies I thought I would try to replicate those with my Samoas recipe.
These have a buttery crust with a caramel coconut layer topped with chocolate. So I think this Samoas recipe came pretty close!
I thought about making pretty little circles so they looked more like the girl scout cookies but since I had to go to Costco this morning too it was bars or nothing. I figured taste and ease of preparation normally beat pretty anyway.
These Easy Samoas Cookie Bars take the cake (or the cookie) when you craving their namesake. With a shortbread crust, coconut, caramel, and chocolate they are delicious with every bite. This recipe is sugar free, grain free, gluten free, low carb, and a THM S.
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup Trim Healthy Mama Gentle Sweet or my sweetener
- 4 tbsp heavy cream divided
- 1/4 tsp vanilla or caramel extract
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 3.5 oz 85% dark or unsweetened chocolate bar or skinny chocolate, recipe follows
- Preheat the oven to 350. Put butter in an 8x8 baking dish and melt by microwaving for about 30 seconds. Add the almond flour and sweetener right into the pan and whisk until combined. Press into a crust. (It kept sticking to my fingers so I put a layer of wax paper on top and pressed it down that way). Bake at 350 for 15-20 min. until the crust is golden brown.
- Meanwhile, combine butter, sweetener, and 2 T. of the cream over medium heat. Stir until the sweetener is dissolved. Add the vanilla or caramel extract. Cook until it is a deep golden brown. As soon as it reached that deep color (right before burning) remove from the heat and immediately add the other 2 tablespoons of heavy cream. Stir until smooth. Add the salt and coconut.
- Gently spread the coconut on top of the crust. Drizzle with chocolate. Refrigerate to set. Cut into 16 pieces and enjoy!