This Raspberry Cream Cheese Danish Recipe has a golden pastry dough topped with sweet cream cheese and raspberry is divine. I love eating all sorts of sweet and savory foods when we make brunch. It’s fun to have a variety of foods that are available to everyone. That way, whether guests prefer sweet foods or savory, they can have fantastic choices. Splurge on this indulgent keto danish while sticking to your diet.
Brunch is something we enjoy having for holidays like Easter and Mother’s Day. Not only do we serve brunch for holidays, but it’s also lovely for bridal showers, baby showers, and pretty much any other excuse you can come up with!
I have an amazing roundup of brunch recipes you have to try. From my Cream Cheese Easy Egg Bake to low carb Mini Bagels and more. Brunch is my favorite meal by far. Maybe it's because you don't have it very often or maybe it's just that brunch has eggs, bacon, pastries, bagels, and so many other yummy options.
My entire brunch menu, including this Raspberry Cream Cheese Keto Danish Recipe, is low carb, grain free, gluten free, sugar free, and a THM S.
These raspberry cream cheese danishes are a must-have because they are elegant, delicious, and everyone devours them. Perfect to serve anytime you want something extra special. I can promise homemade danishes are never dull!
How To Make Raspberry Cream Cheese Danish
This keto danish recipe is so simple to make and will make you forget all about commercially packaged stuff you can get at the store. Let’s get started!
First Step: Put the mozzarella cheese and 2 ounces of cream cheese into a microwave-safe bowl. Warm it up for 1 minute, then stir—microwave for 30 additional seconds. Once the cheese is melted, heat it up for 30 more seconds. This will make it look similar to cheese fondue.
Second Step: Mix together the egg, coconut flour, almond flour, and golden flax. Put the mixture onto wax paper and begin kneading it with your hands. You can also use a food processor if you’d rather. Just use the dough blade.
Third Step: Divide the dough into 8 equal-sized pieces and place them on a prepared cookie sheet. Using wet hands, shape the dough into 8 ovals on parchment paper.
Fourth Step: Begin preparing the cream cheese topping. Mix together the cream cheese, egg, sweetener, and vanilla until smooth. If you have a rocket blender, that will work perfectly. Add the mixture onto each piece of danish dough.
Fifth Step: Prepare the raspberry topping. You can use a small saucepan or your microwave to warm the raspberries. Add the sweetener and sprinkle with glucomannan and stir until dissolved. Add a dollop of raspberry topping to each of the danish and give it a swirl with the cream cheese. It will be thick, so it’s best to smash it into the cream cheese.
Sixth Step: Bake the danishes at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until the top has set and the crust is golden brown. Allow the danish to cool to room temperature and serve.
How to make danish keto?
Cheese. No joke! Mozzarella dough might be the best keto invention ever. Whoever was responsible is a genius.
The first place I ever saw it was the cheese danish over at Up Late Anyway. Since then I’ve used my version in a bunch of different recipes.
Can I Use Different Toppings?
Yes, if you want to add some different toppings to combine with the raspberries or exchange them all together. The crust of the danish is so delicious, and it goes with many different flavors. One great idea would be to use mixed berries instead of just raspberries. Strawberries, blackberries, and blueberries would be great additions to the raspberries. Just don’t use more than ¾ cup of total berries for each batch.
Another fun idea would be to sprinkle a few of your favorite nuts on top of the danish before baking. Almonds, pecans, and walnuts are all lovely flavors. Don’t go crazy; just a sprinkle would be perfect. They will add some crunch and taste great too.
You can also drizzle some sugar-free white or dark chocolate on top of the danish too. It makes them look even prettier and tastes super too!
For an extra special treat drizzle some of my Creamy Lemon Dessert Sauce on keto danish!
Cream Cheese Topping:
- Put mozzarella cheese and 2 oz cream cheese in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave one minute. Stir. Microwave 30 seconds. Stir. At this point, all the cheese should be melted. Microwave 30 more seconds until uniform and gloopy (it should look like cheese fondue at this point).
- Mix in the egg and baking mix. You will need to dump it onto wax paper and knead it by hand to thoroughly incorporate the ingredients or you can do this in a food processor with the dough blade.
- Press into a big rectangle on parchment paper (it helps to wet your hands). Divide into 8 pieces and put them on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Make the cream cheese topping. Mix cream cheese with egg, sweetener, and vanilla until smooth. I did this in my rocket blender. Spread onto the pieces of dough.
- Make the raspberry topping. In a small saucepan or in a small microwave bowl heat the raspberries. Stir in the sweetener and sprinkle on the glucomannan. Stir until dissolved. Put a blob of raspberry topping on each danish and swirl it in. It’s pretty thick but you can still flatten and smush it into the cream cheese to combine the two.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes until the cheese topping is set and the crust is golden brown. Cool to room temperature.
- For an extra special treat drizzle on some of my Creamy Lemon Dessert Sauce!
Originally Published March 15, 2016. Revised and Republished April 6, 2020.
FREE Mug Cake Cheat Sheet!
Six delicious low carb mug cake recipes on one printable page to keep on the fridge!