This Raspberry Cream Cheese Danish Recipe has a golden pastry dough topped with sweet cream cheese and raspberry is divine. Splurge on this indulgent brunch treat while sticking to your gluten free or low carb diet.
Raspberry Cream Cheese Danish Recipe Low Carb Keto Gluten-Free Grain-Free Sugar-Free THM S
I have an amazing roundup of brunch recipes you have to try. From my Cream Cheese Easy Egg Bake to low carb Mini Bagels and more. Brunch is my favorite meal by far. Maybe it’s because you don’t have it very often or maybe it’s just that brunch has eggs, bacon, pastries, bagels, and so many other yummy options.
My entire brunch menu, including this Raspberry Cream Cheese Danish Recipe, is low carb, grain free, gluten free, sugar free, and a THM S.
Cream Cheese Topping:
- Put mozzarella cheese and 2 oz cream cheese in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave one minute. Stir. Microwave 30 seconds. Stir. At this point, all the cheese should be melted. Microwave 30 more seconds until uniform and gloopy (it should look like cheese fondue at this point).
- Mix in the egg and baking mix. You will need to dump it onto wax paper and knead it by hand to thoroughly incorporate the ingredients or you can do this in a food processor with the dough blade.
- Press into a big rectangle on parchment paper (it helps to wet your hands). Divide into 8 pieces and put them on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Make the cream cheese topping. Mix cream cheese with egg, sweetener, and vanilla until smooth. I did this in my rocket blender. Spread onto the pieces of dough.
- Make the raspberry topping. In a small saucepan or in a small microwave bowl heat the raspberries. Stir in the sweetener and sprinkle on the glucomannan. Stir until dissolved. Put a blob of raspberry topping on each danish and swirl it in. It’s pretty thick but you can still flatten and smush it into the cream cheese to combine the two.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes until the cheese topping is set and the crust is golden brown. Cool to room temperature.