One bite of this Keto Trifle and you are going to have a new go-to summer dessert. Creamy lemon mousse paired with a homemade keto pound cake and blueberry lemon layers is hard to resist. The flavors are vibrant, delicious, and something you will want to make all the time. This dessert is gluten-free, grain-free, low carb, and keto.
I can't be the only one who feels a little bit classy when I am eating a trifle! I mean the name itself just sounds fancy, but the truth is it's one of the easiest things you could ever make. I love to take this keto trifle recipe with me when I am going to a potluck because I know I will never have leftovers. Everyone will eat it like the world is coming to an end and I have no complaints.
The lemon mousse really sets it apart for me. The tanginess of the lemon in a creamy mousse makes me swoon. It's just so good and I am pretty excited about sharing this recipe with you. This is actually just a combination of three of my favorite low carb recipes: cheesecake mousse (aka cheesecake fluff), pound cake, and sugar free blueberry sauce! Trifles are a great way to combine some favorite recipes and flavors into something new.
- Cream Cheese - Adding cream cheese will make the mousse velvety smooth.
- Heavy Cream - This mousse is my keto cheesecake fluff with lemon zest added.
- Powdered Erythritol - The reason I use a powdered sweetener is so you don't have a gritty texture in the mousse.
- Lemon Zest - When you taste the zesty lemon flavor of the mousse don't be surprised when you fall head over heels in love.
- Cream Cheese
- Butter - For best results, only use softened butter when making this pound cake recipe.
- Sweetener - You can use a granular sweetener in the cake with no ill effects.
- Heavy Cream
- Flour - You'll need to use a combination of coconut and almond flour. It will make the pound cake the perfect texture.
- Baking Powder
- Vanilla Extract
- Frozen Blueberries - I love how the trifle turns out with frozen blueberries. You could probably use fresh, but the result will be slightly different.
- Sweetener - I also use my granular sweetener blend in the sauce.
- Lemon Juice - Fresh lemon juice will add lots of tanginess to the blueberry sauce.
How To Make This Keto Trifle Recipe
It does take a little bit to cook the pound cake, but trust me it's completely worth the wait. Oh, and your house is going to smell so good too.
Step One: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place parchment paper in a loaf pan and spray it with non-stick cooking spray.
Step Two: Cream together the cream cheese, butter, and sweetener in a food processor. Mix until smooth and creamy. Then add in the eggs, heavy cream, almond and coconut flour, baking powder, and vanilla until combined.
Step Three: Pour the cake batter into the loaf pan.
Step Four: Bake for 60-70 minutes or until it's golden brown and the center feels firm.
Step Five: Let the cake cool for 10 minutes, then run a knife around the edges. Lift the parchment paper and finish cooling.
While the cake is baking, prepare the lemon mousse. Mix together the heavy whipping cream until it forms stiff peaks. Place in a separate bowl and add in the cream cheese, lemon zest, and sweetener. Mix in ⅓ of the keto whipped cream and combine. Add in the rest of the whipped cream slowly.
Prepare the blueberry sauce by adding all the ingredients to a saucepan. Simmer for 10 minutes then puree.
Assemble the keto trifle by layering the mousse cream layer, berry sauce, and vanilla pound cake in small glasses or a trifle bowl. Keep in the fridge until you are ready to serve. Enjoy!
Is It Okay To Use Different Fruit?
Sure! We love blueberries and lemon together, but you can use other berries too. To keep it low carb, stick with your favorite berries such as blackberries, strawberries, or raspberries. They all go great with the zestiness of the lemon juice. You can even make a low carb keto berry trifle with whole fresh berries instead of making a sauce. This is also a great base for a keto strawberry trifle or low carb strawberry shortcake.
Do I Need A Whole Pound Cake?
No, I only use ½ of the pound cake to make either a big keto low carb trifle or individual. You can simply cut the recipe in half or eat half and use the rest for the trifles. Basically, each serving ends up being one slice of the cake with toppings.
How Long Do Trifles Last?
These keto trifles will last in the fridge for 4-5 days. Keep them covered tightly and cold. I recommend serving on ice if it's going to be sitting out for longer than two hours.
With summer fast approaching, you are going to want some additional cool treats! Be sure to try some of my other low carb keto desserts such as Keto Mini Cheesecake, Keto Strawberry Mousse, and White Chocolate Raspberry Ice Cream.
Pound Cake ***
- 1 cup cream cheese softened
- 6 tablespoon butter softened
- ¾ cup Joy Filled Eats Sweetener (or see alternatives in recipe notes)
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 2 ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 4 oz heavy cream
- ¼ cup powdered sweetener
- 2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 4 oz frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon Joy Filled Eats Sweetener (or see alternatives in recipe notes)
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a standard loaf pan with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- Combine the cream cheese, butter, and sweetener in the food processor. Pulse until smooth. Add the eggs, cream, flours, baking powder, and vanilla. Pulse until well combined. Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pan. The batter will be thick.
- Bake for 60-70 min or until the center feels firm when lightly pressed and the edges are deep golden brown. (Check at 45 minutes and cover with foil if getting too brown). Cool for 10 minutes in the pan. Run a knife around the edges and then lift the parchment to remove it from the pan. Cool completely.
- Whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Transfer to a separate bowl. Whip the cream cheese, sweetener, and lemon zest until light and fluffy. Add ⅓ of the whipped cream and mix well. Slowly fold in the remaining whipped cream.
- Simmer for 10 minutes. Puree. Cool to room temperature and then chill for at least an hour before using in the trifle.
- Layer the 3 components in small glasses or a medium trifle bowl. Store in the fridge.