This Baked Greek Chicken with Feta and Dill cooks on a sheet pan in the oven in no time. With a little fancy plating, this simple meal looks impressive enough for an elegant dinner party. It has rich Meditteranean flavors in every bite.
Baked Greek Chicken with Feta & Dill – Low Carb, Keto, Grain-Free, Gluten-Free, THM S
After a few days of eating heavier foods, this is the type of meal my body needs. Heavy on the veggies with lean protein and just enough cheese to give everything an amazing flavor. My Baked Greek Chicken is perfect for a light dinner and just good leftover for lunch the next day.
I love sheet pan meals. They are my new favorite type of dinner. Throw some ingredients in a pan and toss it in the oven. Voila. Dinner is served.
The one and only problem I’ve found with sheet pan meals are that some of the ingredients need to cook for different lengths of time. I fixed that with this meal by removing the chicken and quickly broiling the vegetables to finish cooking them. That way you have tender chicken and roasted veggies all at once.
Above is before broiling the veggies for about 3 minutes. Below is after broiling. I love when they get browned and caramelized, don’t you?
Greek Chicken with Feta and Dill – Low Carb, Grain/Gluten Free, THM S
2 tbsp avocado oil
2 lb frozen chicken tenders
1/2 pint tomatoes
1 large zucchini
1/2 tsp salt
3 sprigs fresh dill
1 tbsp fresh dill, finely chopped
2 tbsp feta cheese, finely chopped
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
This Greek Chicken with Feta and Dill cooks on a sheet pan in the oven in no time. With a little fancy plating, this simple meal looks impressive enough for an elegant dinner party. It has rich Meditteranean flavors in every bite.
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 lb frozen chicken tenders
- 1/2 pint tomatoes
- 1 large zucchini
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 sprigs fresh dill
- 1 tbsp fresh dill finely chopped
- 2 tbsp feta cheese finely chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Drizzle the avocado oil (or other cooking oil of your choice) on a large sheet pan. Put the chicken, tomatoes, dill, and zucchini on the tray. Sprinkle with salt. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir together the topping ingredients.
- After 30 minutes the chicken should be cooked through. Remove the chicken to a serving tray. Turn the broiler on. Put the tray of veggies on the top oven rack. Broil for 3-5 minutes or until the are beginning to brown and look roasted. Discard the cooked dill sprigs.
- Put the veggies on top of the chicken on the serving tray. Sprinkle the feta mixture on top.
Note: If you are using fresh chicken tenders they will cook in about 15 minutes. I suggest par-cooking the veggies for 15 minutes and then adding the chicken.