Keto Chicken Alfredo is the most comforting comfort food ever! There is nothing better than digging into a plate of steaming hot broccoli, juicy chicken, cheesy goodness, and creamy keto alfredo sauce with the perfect amount of garlic. This is a fantastic meal idea for busy nights because you can throw it together in minutes. This is also low-carb, gluten-free, and grain-free.
We never have a problem getting the kids to eat broccoli when it’s in this keto chicken alfredo dish. The creaminess that the parmesan cheese and sauce are out of this world and the kids will happily clean their plates every time. It's the broccoli lovers' version of my Chicken Alfredo Bake. Plus, my favorite part is that I can decide to make it at the last minute, and we can have a wonderful dinner, and there is practically no time involved.
We will take this low carb chicken alfredo casserole to a potluck or dinner too because we know that the flavors are going to quickly win over a crowd. There are hardly ever any leftovers simply because it’s too good not to go back for more. So, next time you are craving comfort food, add this one to your list because I am sure you are going to be happy you did.
How To Make Keto Chicken Alfredo
The part that takes the longest to make this chicken alfredo is waiting for it to bake in the oven. And the only reason why that seems like it takes a while is that when that aroma hits your nose, your immediately hungry for it! In reality, it only bakes for a few minutes.
First Step: Layer the broccoli in the bottom of a casserole dish. Sprinkle a layer of cooked chicken on top of the broccoli.
Second Step: In a saucepan, add the butter and let it melt. Then sprinkle in the garlic and cook until fragrant. Pour in the heavy cream and stir. Cook until boiling and stir often. Then add in the parmesan cheese.
Expert Tip: the sauce in this keto chicken alfredo is also a great low carb alfredo sauce recipe on its own! I love it on pizza and zucchini noodles.
Third Step: Once the cheese has melted, pour it on top of the chicken and broccoli and stir. Bake the keto chicken alfredo in the oven and serve hot.
Keto Chicken Alfredo Variations
There are many ways you can add variety to this easy keto chicken alfredo casserole. We truly love it the way it is but sometimes like to add a little bit of extra goodness to it. Here are a few more ideas for keto recipes for you to consider.
- Cheddar Cheese - Sprinkle in a little bit of cheddar cheese to the alfredo sauce. It will give it a more robust cheese flavor and add some color too.
- Cauliflower - If you are trying to boost your nutrients, add in some cauliflower with the broccoli. It tastes incredible and makes it even more filling.
- Turkey - Chop up cooked turkey and add into the casserole dish in place of the chicken. This is perfect after the holidays when you have lots of leftovers and aren’t sure what to make with them.
- Onions - Add a few onions to the sauce when you mix in the garlic. If you are an onion lover, you are going to enjoy the flavor and texture.
- Mushrooms - If mushrooms are your thing, you aren’t going to want to miss adding a few in. Just mix them with the sauce.
- Mozzarella Cheese - Top the alfredo bake with mozzarella before baking.
Can I double this?
Yes, of course, you can double or even triple this chicken alfredo recipe. You will just need to figure out how many people you are feeding and make extra batches of the recipe. When I meal prep any of my low carb recipes I find it’s easier to make several pans and work in batches than make one huge batch. The broccoli softens easier when you have smaller amounts.
What to serve with Low Carb Chicken Alfredo?
Since this has both a protein and vegetable it can really be a meal all by itself. But if you want another side dish to go with it I'd recommend a Keto Caesar Salad, Oven-Roasted Green Beans, or Keto Mashed Cauliflower.
- 12 oz broccoli steamed
- 3 cups cooked chicken breast cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 3 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- freshly chopped parsley for garnish optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Put the broccoli and the chicken into a well-greased casserole dish.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Add the minced garlic to the butter, and saute for 30 seconds.
- Stir in the heavy whipping cream and bring it to a low boil. Simmer for several minutes until it has thickened and reduced just a bit. Mix in salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the thickened cream mixture from the heat, and stir in ½ cup of grated Parmesan.
- Pour the alfredo mixture over the broccoli and chicken in the casserole dish, and stir to combine well.
- Bake uncovered for 25 minutes until the top is browned and bubbly.
- Serve immediately topped with freshly chopped parsley for garnish if desired.
More Low Carb Chicken Recipes
If you are like me, you can never have too many chicken recipes. Take a look at some of my reader’s favorites so you can be inspired for your next meal!
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza
- Healthy Baked Chicken Strips
- Garlic Parmesan Chicken Tenders
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
- One-Pan Keto Creamy Tuscan Chicken