If you’ve never had a Chicken Bake from Costco before you are missing out. It is a savory golden dough filled with chicken, cheese, bacon, and a sauce that tastes like the best homemade Caesar salad dressing.
Costco Chicken Bake – Keto, Low Carb, Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, THM S
Oh, Costco Chicken Bake. I have missed you. I shop at Costco 3 or 4 times a month. It is one of the easiest stores to run into with children. It is one of the only stores I will brave with all four of my children. The only downside to Costco is the samples (they want to try every single one) and the food court (“Mom, can we get smoothies, pizza, french fries?).
I’ve been wanting one of the Chicken Bakes from the food court for months and months. I knew I wanted to try to make a homemade version and my craving finally got strong enough that I couldn’t ignore it any longer.
How to Make a Low Carb Costco Chicken Bake
1. Make low carb pizza dough. I use a mozzarella based dough in this recipe and most of my pizza recipes.
2. Mix together chicken, homemade caesar salad dressing ingredients, and cheese.
3. Put the filling on top of the dough.
4. Fold the dough around the filling into a log shape.
5. Bake. Eat.
Can I use leftover chicken in the Costco chicken bake?
Absolutely! This is a great way to use up leftover chicken. No one will complain if you make over leftover night with this recipe.
More recipes using mozzarella dough:
- 1 tbsp egg white
- 2 tbsp shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Put mozzarella cheese and 2 oz of the cream cheese in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave one minute. Stir. Microwave 30 seconds. Stir. At this point, all the cheese should be melted. Microwave 30 more seconds until uniform and gloopy (it should look like cheese fondue at this point). Mix in the egg and baking mix. You will need to dump it onto wax paper and knead it by hand to thoroughly incorporate the ingredients or you can do this in a food processor with the dough blade.
- Press or roll into a large rectangle on a piece of parchment paper. It helps to use wet hands or cover the top with the second piece of parchment. Cut the dough into 3 rectangles.
- Combine all the ingredients for the filling. Divide the filling between them. Gently pull the sides up and around the filling pressing the seams together to stay closed. Brush with the egg white and sprinkle with the parmesan.
- Bake on a pizza stone for 40-50 minutes until golden brown.
Originally Published September 20, 2016. Revised and Republished August 23, 2019.