Loaded cauliflower casserole is incredible comfort food that the entire family will devour. Creamy cheese, bacon, cauliflower, and scallions are the perfect combination. Not only does it taste amazing, but it’s also low carb and healthy!
Loaded Cauliflower Casserole – Low Carb, Keto, Grain-Free, Gluten-Free, THM S
Loaded mashed potatoes used to be a favorite dish before going low carb. The problem was that even though it tasted delicious, it was always heavy in my stomach, and I would feel guilty. With this loaded cauliflower casserole recipe, you don’t have to worry about it because it’s healthy for you.
I know it’s hard to believe that kids will eat cauliflower, but they don’t know the difference. Maybe that’s being sneaky, but it’s our little secret. As long as they are getting healthy wholesome nutrients, I am happy!
How To Make Loaded Cauliflower Casserole
Step One: Prepare a baking dish and preheat the oven.
Step Two: In a food processor, combine the cauliflower cream cheese, butter, heavy cream, egg, salt, and some cheddar cheese.
Step Three: After the ingredients are smooth add in some cheese, bacon, and scallions. Place in the baking dish, add toppings and bake until golden brown and bubbly.
For a chunkier cauliflower casserole stop processing once the cauliflower is in small chunks.
Cauliflower Casserole Optional Variations
You are going to love each taste of this flavorful dish, but if you want to add in a few extras here and there go for it! Try some of these ideas, but keep in mind the nutritional information will be different when you add in extra ingredients.
- Ham – If you are looking for more of a meal out of this healthy cauliflower casserole, I recommend adding in a little bit of ham. The flavor goes wonderful with the bacon, cheese, and cauliflower. It makes it heartier.
- Mozzarella Cheese – Make this cauliflower casserole even cheesier by adding in some mozzarella! You can use half cheddar and half mozzarella or all mozzarella. Whatever you like, is going to be great!
- Ground Turkey – Brown up some ground turkey and add to the mix. This is great if you are wanting to eat this cheesy cauliflower casserole as lunch! So good!
- Tomatoes – Top with a few fresh cherry or grape tomatoes. They give it a little bit of a tang that is a great contrast to the creaminess.
Can I Use Fresh Cauliflower?
Yes, you can use fresh cauliflower for this recipe if you want. You will need to steam it for 10 minutes and make sure it is adequately drained. Use fresh or frozen cauliflower for this cheesy cauliflower casserole, and they both turn out well.
Why Is My Loaded Cauliflower Bake Watery?
If you ended up with a watery keto cauliflower casserole, odds are it’s because the cauliflower didn’t get drained all the way. It’s essential to allow the water to drain off. You can simply place the steamed cauliflower in a colander and let it sit for a few minutes to drain in the sink.
What Can I Replace The Heavy Cream With?
If you don’t tolerate heavy cream or don’t have it on hand, no worries! You can replace it with Greek yogurt instead. The cauliflower cheese casserole will still be really creamy and flavorful, and it’s still going to be healthy. Greek yogurt is packed with protein, potassium, vitamin B6, zinc, and calcium.
How Do I Store Loaded Cauliflower Casserole?
Store any leftover cauliflower casserole in an airtight storage container. Keep it in the fridge, and it will last around 3-5 days. If you notice that it becomes really watery or overly dry, then it’s started to go bad. Also, you may smell a pungent odor once it starts aging too much.
Reheat the cauliflower cheese casserole in the oven at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes until it’s hot all the way through. You can also cover it with a damp paper towel and microwave it too.
Can I Freeze Loaded Cauliflower Casserole?
Yes, of course, you can freeze this keto cauliflower casserole. Give the casserole some extra protection by wrapping it with tin foil, then place it into a storage container. It will last 2-3 months in the freezer. If you are looking for an idea for meal planning or if you want to make a freezer meal for a friend, this is a great one!
Thaw the cauliflower casserole in the refrigerator the night before you are ready to serve it. Once it’s thawed, you can heat it up and devour.
What To Serve With Loaded Cauliflower Casserole
This cauliflower casserole is a fantastic side dish. You could even enjoy it as a light lunch too. Here are a few ideas that will go wonderful with this keto cauliflower casserole.
- Chimichurri Chicken Skewers
- Pan-Seared Cod With Cilantro- Lime Butter
- Smoked Paprika Pork Tenderloin Rub
- Easy Baked Chicken Breasts Stuffed With Greek Salsa
- Preheat oven to 400. Spray an 8x8 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Put the first six ingredients and half a cup of the cheddar cheese in a food processor. Process until smooth. Scraping the sides as needed.
- Stir in half a cup of the cheddar and half of the bacon and scallions. Spoon into the prepared baking dish. Top with the remaining cheese, bacon, and scallions.
- Bake at 400 for 30 minutes or until golden, bubbly, and hot.
Get the Keto
Over 75 delicious recipes with photos
for only $14.99!