You're going to be hooked on my keto focaccia because it tastes fantastic. It has a lovely garlic herb butter on top that is heavenly. This keto garlic bread recipe goes with all your favorites entrees. This easy recipe is low carb, keto, gluten-free, grain-free, sugar-free, and Trim Healthy Mama friendly.
Giving up bread was something I knew I didn't want to do. Why? Because bread is one of the best comfort foods on the planet if you ask me. It's more than just filling you up; it's the flavor and texture that makes me drool. Instead of giving bread up, I knew I could come up with some recipes that would work for our diet.
I am pleased to tell you that this keto focaccia blows the old stuff out of the water. I seriously don't miss it! Plus, knowing that I am eating something that's much healthier for me, just feels good.
Besides how delicious it is, another reason why I can't get enough of this keto garlic bread recipe is that it goes with everything. Serve it with your favorite Italian dishes, chicken, steak, or have a quick and simple snack. You can't go wrong!
How To Make Keto Focaccia
Step 1: Begin by preheating the oven to 400 degrees F.
Step 2: While the oven is warming up, combine the butter, crushed garlic, and herbs, then set aside.
Step 3: Prepare a baking tray by greasing it.
Step 4: Melt the cheese in the microwave by heating for 30 seconds, stirring and repeating until it has melted. Then add in the flour, eggs, salt, and baking powder to the cheese.
Step 5: Either dump the cheese and flour mixture onto wax paper and knead it, or place the ingredients in the food processor. Mix together well, then form into a large rectangle on your baking sheet or baking stone.
Expert Tip: Keeping your hands wet will make the dough easier to work with when you are trying to shape.
Step 6: Every inch or two, poke a hole with your finger. Then top with garlic butter and salt. Drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 20-25 minutes. It will be golden brown when it's done.
When To Serve Keto Focaccia
You can seriously serve this keto garlic bread for any and all occasions. Whether people eat a low carb diet or not, they will still enjoy this garlic bread. Here are some occasions that are a perfect reason to whip up a batch.
- Holidays - Everyone will enjoy munching on some of this keto garlic bread. They will be surprised by how much flavor it has.
- Dinner Parties - Even if I wasn't eating low-carb, I like to have options available for all my house guests. They appreciate it, and everyone loves to eat it.
- Community Events - If you are hosting a community event or fundraiser, it's nice to have a batch or two on hand for people with food allergies and aversion.
- Busy Weeknights - Because you don't have to put tons of effort into making this low carb garlic bread, it's ideal for those busy nights.
- Meal Planning - Sometimes, I like to make a double batch to serve with different meals over a couple of days. It's nice to bake once and then just reheat.
How Do You Store Easy Keto Bread?
Always store any leftover easy keto garlic bread in the refrigerator. It needs to be kept in an airtight container for best results. Keep in mind that the keto garlic bread tastes at it's best after it's first baked. It still tastes great leftover, but won't be precisely what it was when you first tried it. The cheesy keto bread will last 2 or 3 days in the refrigerator.
How Do I Reheat Low Carb Garlic Bread?
The best way to reheat the keto focaccia bread is by warming it up in the oven. Warm the oven to 350 degrees F. and place it on a baking sheet for 10 or 15 minutes until it's hot. Another option is to microwave it. Just don't heat it too fast in the microwave, or it will end up dry and not as appealing. I would recommend warming it at 50% power in the microwave. Just a few seconds at a time, then check. It will warm up pretty fast, so you don't want to overheat it.
Can I Freeze Keto Bread?
Yes, you can freeze this keto garlic bread. Flash freeze it on a baking sheet, then place in freezer-bags or another airtight container. The garlic bread will last around 1-2 months in the freezer.
To serve, you will need to place in the refrigerator overnight so it can thaw out. Once it's thawed, you can heat it up and serve.
After you enjoy this recipe make sure to make my Keto Buttermilk Biscuits!
Herb Butter Topping:
- 2 tablespoon butter softened
- 1 clove garlic crushed (I press through a garlic press)
- 1 teaspoon herbes de provence (or any combination of dried herbs)
- pinch sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400. Combine butter, crushed garlic, and herbs. Set Aside. Grease a small baking tray or baking stone with olive oil.
- Put cheese in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave one minute. Stir. Microwave 30 seconds. Stir. At this point all the cheese should be melted. Microwave 3o more seconds until uniform and gloopy (it should look like cheese fondue at this point). Mix in the egg, flours, baking powder, and salt. You will need to dump it onto wax paper and knead it by hand to thoroughly incorporate the ingredients or you can do this in a food processor with the dough blade.
- Press into a big rectangle on the baking stone (it helps to wet your hands). Poke holes with your finger every inch or two. Spread on the herb butter. Sprinkle a little sea salt on the focaccia and drizzle with a bit of olive oil. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Are you craving even more low carb bread recipes? Check out some of these tasty recipes.
- Breakfast Bread With Kale And Bacon
- Keto Bread Sticks
- Broccoli & Cheddar Keto Breakfast Bread
- Low Carb Cauliflower Toast
Originally Published April 13, 2016. Revised and Republished November 6, 2019.