Chicken Parmesan is one of the dishes at every Italian restaurant in the US. I know why: it’s delicious! My baked chicken parmesan is fast, grain free, low carb, keto, & and kid approved!
Lazy Baked Chicken Parmesan – Keto Low Carb Gluten-Free
Chicken Parmesan is one of those dishes on the menu at every Italian restaurant across America. It is a classic and there is a good reason, it’s delicious! But… it can be very labor intensive to make it at home.
I’ll never forget one Saturday 6 or 7 years ago we invited company for dinner and decided to make chicken parm at the last minute. Not the brightest idea. I was still breading and pan frying the chicken when the company arrived. And then it needed to bake for 45 minutes. I think we finally ate dinner after 8. Oops! I promise this baked chicken parmesan is much easier.
How to make Baked Chicken Parmesan
The lazy way to make chicken parm is to just bread it and then bake it in the oven. Since the coating is flourless you can just bake it without pan frying it first. That cuts the prep down to about 10 minutes. As much as I enjoy being in the kitchen I also love easy prep meals.
Ingredients in Chicken Parmesan
- chicken breasts – if they are very large cut in half into thinner cutlets
- egg – binds the topped to the chicken
- grated parmesan cheese – this replaces the bread crumbs in the traditional recipe
- dried minced garlic & onion – feel free to substitute very finely minced fresh garlic and onion if you choose
- dried oregano, basil, & parsley – you can substitute an Italian seasoning blend instead of the individual herbs but I prefer to add the ones we like separately
- freshly ground black pepper & salt
- marinara sauce – check for added sugar
- shredded mozzarella – sliced works too!
Keto Chicken Parmesan
What to serve with Baked Chicken Parmesan
I hope your whole family loves this lazy baked chicken parmesan!
Chicken Parmesan is one of the dishes at every Italian restaurant in the US. I know why: it's delicious! My Baked Chicken Parmesan is fast, keto, low carb, & gluten-free.
- Preheat oven to 400. Line a large baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Beat egg in one small wide bowl. In a second bowl combine the parmesan cheese with all the spices and mix.
- Dip each piece of chicken in the egg and then the cheese, coating both sides. Place on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 30 min.
- Top each piece with sauce and then shredded mozzarella. Bake for another 10-20 min until the chicken is 160 degrees when checked with a meat thermometer and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Originally Published March 7, 2016. Revised and Republished December 28, 2018.