This Apple Cider Sangria is the perfect winter beverage. It tastes like an adult version of apple cider but it is sugar-free, low carb, keto, and Trim Healthy Mama friendly.
I love fruity, girly drinks. But most of those are full of carbs and sugar. Making sangria is my favorite way to have a special cocktail that is still good for me.
Dry white wine is allowed with any fuel type meal on the Trim Healthy Mama plan. If you eat those beautiful green apples floating in it this would be an E beverage. The cranberries are just a garnish. Unless you like raw, unsweetened cranberries. If you do then go ahead and eat those too. They are way too tart for me.
Apple Cider Sangria Ingredients:
apple cinnamon tea bags - this is the secret low carb ingredient!
dry white wine
green apple ***
cranberries, as a garnish
*** if you are counting carbs you don't have to eat the apple but it does make this drink look festive with the red and green garnish
How to make Apple Cider Sangria
Pour boiling water over the tea bags and cinnamon sticks and steep for 5 minutes.
Discard the tea bags and cinnamon sticks and add the sweetener. Stir until it the sweetener dissolves. Cool to room temperature.
Combine the tea with other ingredients in a large pitcher. Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
Apple Juice - If you are not looking for a low carb recipe feel free to use real apple juice in place of the tea bag.
Try this Vodka Cranberry Spritzer when you are done!
- 3 cups boiling water
- 8 apple cinnamon tea bags
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- ½ cup Joy Filled Eats Sweetener (or see alternatives in recipe notes)
- 1 bottle dry white wine (750ml)
- 1 green apple ***
- 1 cup cranberries as a garnish
- Put the tea bags and cinnamon sticks in a large glass measuring cup. Pour the boiling water over them and steep for 5 minutes. Discard the tea bags and cinnamon sticks and add the sweetener. Stir until it is dissolved. Cool the tea to room temperature.
- Combine the cooled tea with other ingredients in a large pitcher. Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.