My favorite thing about cold weather is hot chocolate. Any hot chocolate is rich and delicious. But a super-indulgent splurge is my Peppermint White Hot Chocolate. This is basically an entire dessert in a mug that you sip slowly and savor.
There is something that is so special when the entire family sits down and enjoys a warm mug of hot chocolate together. Whether you sit outdoors around a firepit or break out the games and have a family fun night, this peppermint white hot chocolate is a game-changer.
It's so creamy and decadent you will feel satisfied after one cup. Plus, it's really easy to make. No weird or hard steps, and it tastes way better than those cheap little packets we all grew up drinking.
Ok, raw cocoa butter. This stuff is amazing! I was expecting it to be bitter, like unsweetened chocolate, but it's not. It's creamy and smooth, and I think I could just eat it plain. I'm planning a few more recipes using it between now and Christmas so stay tuned.
You need a small amount for this recipe, so a 1 lb bag will make 16 White Hot Chocolates. That comes to less than $1 per beverage. Much cheaper than a fancy coffee shop and much healthier.
What You'll Need for Peppermint White Hot Chocolate
- Almond Milk
- Heavy Cream
- Peppermint Extract
- Raw Cacao Butter OR Sugar Free White Chocolate
How To Make Peppermint White Hot Chocolate
You are in for a serious treat because this is the easiest hot chocolate recipe ever. Let's take a look:
Step One: Begin by warming the almond milk and heavy cream together in the microwave or in a saucepan on the stovetop until they are hot.
Step Two: Place the sweetener, peppermint extract, and raw cacao butter (or sugar-free white chocolate) in a blender. Gently pour the heated milk on top and blend on high for 1 minute or until it becomes frothy. Add to your favorite mug and enjoy!
Is Hot Chocolate Keto?
No, typically, most hot chocolate is anything but keto! It's packed with loads and loads of sugar and other unhealthy ingredients. Making it at home like this peppermint white hot chocolate is the best way to ensure it's low carb. I don't like surprises, so the idea of ordering it from a coffee shop and it actually being keto isn't something I like to do. But this recipe, I am completely on board with, and as you can tell, it only takes minutes to throw together.
Can I Reheat Low Carb Hot Chocolate?
For best results, this peppermint white hot chocolate is going to be best when it's served warm and fresh. However, if you can't drink it all right away, you can always save it back for later. Keep it refrigerated until you are ready to reheat. Then add to a saucepan or in a microwave-safe mug and reheat. Once warm, you can serve it.
Peppermint White Hot Chocolate Garnish Ideas
You can sip this hot cocoa straight away with no garnish at all, but if you are in the mood to make it "extra" special, then feel free. Try some of these ideas.
- Cocoa - Sprinkle a dash or two of cocoa powder on top. It's pretty and adds some fun charm.
- Sugar-Free Chocolate - Either add some sugar-free chocolate chips on top or add some chocolate pieces.
- Whipped Cream - Add your favorite keto whipped cream on top. Yummy!
Reasons to Make Homemade Hot Cocoa
- It's so easy to make.
- The flavor is so much better than the stuff from the packets.
- Everyone can customize their cup of white hot chocolate.
- It is way cheaper than a coffee shop.
- Kid-approved! I had to wrestle the mug away from her so I could keep taking pictures.
More Hot Chocolate Recipes You Don't Want To Miss
- White Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Sugar Free Hot Chocolate Mix
- Keto Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Keto Frozen Hot Chocolate
- White Hot Chocolate Mix
- 12 oz almond milk
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoon Joy Filled Eats Sweetener (or see alternatives in recipe notes)
- ½ - 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 tablespoon raw cacao butter
- Heat the almond milk and heavy cream until hot in the microwave or on the stove top. Put the other ingredients in the Vitamix. Pour the hot liquid on top. Blend on high for 1 minutes until frothy. Enjoy!