Keto Nutella Cookies have a dreamy chocolate-hazelnut combination that is both satisfying and delicious. With just eight ingredients, you can make these decadent cookies when you are craving something sweet. They also happen to be keto, low-carb, gluten-free, and grain-free too.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of ChocZero. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
We were in the mood to make cookies, but I wanted something that was “extra” special, and using ChocZero chocolate hazelnut spread was perfect. It gave the cookies that boost of flavor that I was craving. The spread is thick and spreads beautifully, so it’s the ideal topping. And these keto Nutella cookies weren’t just a hit in my eyes; the family gobbled up every last crumb.
Looking for a delicious version of chocolate and hazelnut spread that happens to be sugar free and low carb? It seems like a dream, right? Well, ChocZero has made just that, and it’s absolutely incredible.
Why You Will Love Keto Chocolate Hazelnut Spread from ChocZero
- It’s rich, creamy, and velvety smooth.
- There is no added sugar.
- Perfect for a low carb diet and only has one net carb for each serving!
- It goes great with berries, with baked goods, or even by the spoonful. I've been eating a couple of spoonfuls for a quick dessert on busy nights.
- It’s been sweetened by using monk fruit.
ChocZero now has a White Chocolate Hazelnut Spread that also works in my recipe and that I use in my Low Carb Nutella Cheesecake Parfait. It is amazing!
What You’ll Need
With just 8 ingredients, you probably have most of them on hand. And if you haven’t tried ChocZero yet, this is the perfect time to try it.
For the Dough:
- Salted Butter - it’s vital to use salted butter for these keto cookies.
- Almond Flour - combining almond flour with coconut flour gives them a lovely texture.
- Coconut Flour - try my keto shortbread cookies if you love coconut and almond flour together.
- Sweetener - my natural sweetener blend is perfect for this recipe!
- Gelatin - helps low carb cookies crisp up. Using an egg will make them cakey.
- Vanilla - adds a hint of vanilla flavor, and it’s so good.
For the Topping:
How to Make Keto Nutella Cookies
These keto cookies are an incredible after-dinner dessert. They are also fantastic for gifts or taking to potlucks too.
Step One: Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Then line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Step Two: Mix together the butter, almond flour, coconut flour, sweetener, gelatin, and vanilla in a food processor. Process the dough until you have uniformed cookie dough. This might take 2-3 minutes on high speed.
Step Three: Use a medium-sized cookie scoop to make 10 cookies and place them on the baking sheet. Use your thumb or a teaspoon to press down in the center to make a small well.
Step Four: Bake the cookies until they are lightly golden brown on the edges, for 12-15 minutes. Allow them to cool on the pan for 10 minutes.
Step Five: While the keto cookies are cooling, start melting the chocolate squares in a microwave safe bowl. Heat the chocolate for 30 seconds and stir. Repeat this process until the chocolate has melted and is smooth.
Step Six: Place 1 teaspoon of the keto chocolate hazelnut spread to each cookie and spread it, so it’s smooth. Carefully drizzle melted chocolate all over the cookies.
Can You Eat Nutella While Eating Keto?
No, regular Nutella is loaded with sugars and carbs. If you eat low carb, you need to steer clear of it for sure. Instead, using this ChocZero spread, you will have similar results without the worry of carbs and sugars.
How Do You Store Keto Nutella Cookies?
As always, the cookies need to be kept in an airtight container with a tight-fitting lid. They should be placed in a single layer, so they don’t stick to each other. The cookies can be kept at room temperature and should always be away from heat, sunlight, or steam.
Can I Double This Recipe?
Of course! It’s easy to make a larger batch if you are feeding several people. You’ll find in my printable recipe card that you can adjust the number of servings. Then it will conveniently adjust the amount for each ingredient. Print it off, and you have it ready to go to make these delicious keto Nutella cookies.
Why Do I Need To Use Cold Butter?
Using cold butter is important to ensure these cookies are the right texture. They will be more crispy and tasty from using cold butter. While other cookie recipes do better with room temperature butter, these are perfect with cold butter.
Can I Add Nuts?
Yep! Crush your favorite nuts and sprinkle them on top of the cookies. They will get a nice crunch and taste great with nuts. Crushed almonds or hazelnut are my favorites, but any would work well.
- 4 oz salted butter cold, cut into pieces
- 1 cup almond flour
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- ⅓ cup Joy Filled Eats Sweetener (or see alternatives in recipe notes)
- 2 teaspoon gelatin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Next, combine all the dough ingredients in the food processor and pulse until a uniform dough forms. Scoop 10 cookies with a medium cookie scoop. Put on a parchment-lined baking sheet and press down making a little well with your thumbs or a teaspoon.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges. Cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the chocolate squares in a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds. Stir. Heat for another 30 seconds. Stir. Repeat until the chocolate has melted. Stir until smooth.
- Add 1 teaspoon of hazelnut spread to the center of each cookie. Spread smooth. Drizzle with the melted chocolate. Store in a single-layer in an airtight container.