Lemon Ricotta Pie is a favorite at my house. It is light and refreshing and takes less than 15 minutes of hands-on time. It is similar to a cheesecake but more refreshing on a hot summer day. This easy recipe is low carb, keto, gluten-free, grain-free, sugar-free, and Trim Healthy Mama friendly.
My 11-year-old said this was one of the top 3 desserts I've made and the "best cheesecake-y dessert ever". Since he's not a big dessert guy (unless it's a sugary candy bar or cookie dough ice cream) I'll consider that a win! I love when I get my kids to eat something healthy. It makes my mom heart happy.
The best thing about summer is all the fresh fruit in abundance. I'm not a fan of the hot weather or having my kids home for three months straight (as much as I love them, I'm an introvert and crave quiet). But the fruit.
We try to go fruit picking at least once a year. I think it's good for my kids to see where our food comes from and we have a lovely family run farm about half an hour away that has a nice selection. We've picked strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, grapes, and apples there depending on the season.
So, if you are ever near Flemington, NJ make sure to stop over at Bonacorsi Family Farm for some great produce!
This pregnancy fruit is really all I've wanted when it's been hot. I ate an entire pint of blueberries for lunch one day last week. I keep finding ways to add berries to all my desserts. When we had dinner company last Friday this lemon ricotta pie with blueberries was a resounding success.
Crust for Ricotta Pie
This does have a baked crust as shown but if you'd prefer a no-bake crust I love the crust my friend Sarah at Mrs. Criddle's Kitchen uses for her Fruity Summer Delight.
The crust you see here is my Easy Low Carb Pie Crust. It has only 4 ingredients and mixes up in the food processor in seconds. Press it into a pie plate, bake, cool, and fill. It is the easiest pie crust I've ever made.
Topping for Ricotta Pie
You can top this with any type of berry or just serve it as is. We enjoyed it with fresh blueberries. I love the combination of lemon and berries and use it a lot. For a patriotic treat make this in a rectangular baking dish and use blueberries and raspberries to make a flag on top!
Keto Lemon Ricotta Pie
If you are looking to reduce the carbs in this ricotta pie simply leave off the berries or substitute a berry that is lower in carbs, such as raspberries, and serve with whipped cream.
Love Ricotta? Try these recipes with ricotta cheese:
- 1 recipe Easy Low Carb Pie Crust or your favorite crust
- 2 cups whole milk ricotta cheese
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- ½ cup Joy Filled Eats Sweetener (or see alternatives in recipe notes)
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tsp gelatin
- 1 cup fresh blueberries washed and dried, or other berries of your choice
- Prepare pie crust as directed and bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Let cool.
- Combine the first five ingredients for the filling in a food processor and blend until smooth. With the machine running slowly pour in the gelatin. Blend until smooth.
- Spread on top of the cooled pie crust. Refrigerate for at least 3-4 hours.
- Top with berries or whipped cream, if desired. Serve. Store any leftovers in the fridge.
Originally Published August 1, 2017. Revised and Republished April 12, 2019.