If you love brownies you need to try them as a pie. The contrast between pie crust and the chocolate filling is perfection. This Fudge Brownie Pie easily elevates a standard brownie to something elegant and worthy of fancy dinner parties. This easy recipe is low carb, keto, gluten-free, grain-free, sugar-free, and Trim Healthy Mama friendly.
I am a collector of cookbooks. I must have over 100. Maybe even close to 200 if you count all the little paperbacks. One of my favorite cookbook authors is Bruce Weinstein who has a collection of Ultimate cookbooks. The Ultimate Ice Cream Book, The Ultimate Candy Book, The Ultimate Frozen Dessert Book, and several more. I've made many of the recipes in those over the years.
One of my favorites is The Ultimate Brownie Book. And the funny thing is my favorite recipe from that book used a boxed brownie mix. I've been thinking about reinventing that recipe for months and when Alter Eco Foods sent me a box of their Dark Blackout 85% Cocoa Chocolate Bars I knew it was time.
If you are looking for a crustless chocolate pie two of my blogging friends have great options. You can check them out here:
Hot Fudge Pie by Nana's Little Kitchen
Caramel Brownie Pie by Mrs. Criddle's Kitchen
Fudge Brownie Pie Crust Ingredients:
1 ⅓ cups almond flour
1 ½ teaspoon coconut flour
2 tablespoon cold butter
1 ½ teaspoon cold water
1 bar 85% Cocoa Chocolate Bar (2.82 oz)
6 tablespoon butter
½ teaspoon vanilla
⅔ cup almond flour
½ teaspoon coconut flour
½ cup chopped dark chocolate or sugar free chocolate chips
I normally eat this fudge brownie pie in my pajamas, on the couch, with a cup of decaf coffee. But if you throw fancy dinner parties this could be on the menu.
- 3 oz 85% Dark Chocolate
- 6 tablespoon butter
- 6 tablespoon Joy Filled Eats Sweetener (or see alternatives in recipe notes)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ⅔ cup almond flour
- ½ teaspoon coconut flour
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup chopped dark chocolate or sugar free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Put the almond flour, coconut flour, and butter in a food processor and pulse until crumbs form. Add the water and pulse until it comes together in a dough. Press into the bottom and up the sides of a 9 inch pie plate. Prick the bottom with a fork. Bake for 10 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate and butter in a glass bowl in the microwave. Add the sweetener, vanilla, flours, and eggs and stir until smooth.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips on the bottom of the prepared pie plate. Spread the brownie batter on top. Bake for 25 minutes. Cool for at least 20 minutes before serving.