Indulge in these Almond Flour Cupcakes to cure your sweet tooth. They have the perfect texture, flavor, and have a scrumptious buttercream frosting that is irresistible. (Truly, you could eat it with a spoon it’s so good!) When you make these easy almond flour cupcakes, you’ll be happy to know they are Low Carb, Keto, Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, and THM S!
I love all sorts of desserts, but my heart skips a beat when I think of cupcakes! I mean they are portable cakes…what’s better than that? Every once in a while, you need a sweet treat, and these almond flour cupcakes come to the rescue. They are simple to make, and it’s truly a no-fuss cupcake recipe that I think you’ll greatly enjoy.
If you are heading to a party or potluck and aren’t sure what to bring, take these lovely almond flour cupcakes! I love watching people eat them because they love every bite, then I tell them they are gluten-free. They are shocked because they are so similar to the cupcakes they are used to. While they aren’t identical to traditional cupcakes, if you don’t know upfront, you aren’t even going to realize it.
How To Make Almond Flour Cupcakes
Almond flour cupcakes are a quick and easy dessert idea that works well for pretty much all events. You can’t go wrong! Take a look at how simple they are to whip up:
First Step: Beat the butter and sweetener using an electric mixer. Cream together until they are light and fluffy, then add the sour cream and vanilla until combined.
Second Step: Add the eggs one at a time. Make sure to mix well after each egg is added. Mix in the flour, baking powder, and salt slowly. Mix until ingredients are combined then pour the cupcake batter into 12 muffin cups that have paper liners.
Third Step: Bake the almond flour cupcakes for 20-25 minutes or until they are firm to the touch and a golden brown color. Remove the cupcakes from the oven and let them cool.
NOTE: They may take up to 30 minutes to bake, depending on your oven.
Fourth Step: While the cupcakes are cooling, prepare the buttercream frosting. Use an electric mixer to blend the butter and cream cheese. Add in the powdered erythritol slowly and mix until the frosting is fluffy, creamy, and light. Frost the cooled cupcakes and enjoy!
Almond Flour Cupcakes Variations
This is the perfect cupcake recipe to play with. It’s a great base and adding in some additional flavors, especially in the frosting is amazing!
- Strawberries – Dice up some strawberries and add them to the buttercream frosting for a fun spring cupcake! Or sub in this Raspberry Frosting.
- Blueberries – Mix in a few blueberries to the batter or garnish with some fresh blueberries. It adds some color and tastes good too.
- Chocolate – Put ¼ cup of chocolate chips into the batter and sprinkle some mini chocolate chips on top to garnish. Looks gorgeous! You can also top them with Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting.
Can I make these cupcakes into mini cupcakes?
Yes, you sure can make these almond flour cupcakes into mini cupcakes. They are perfect bite-sized treats that are great for kids or adults! Simply follow the recipe as directed but use a mini-muffin tin instead of regular-sized. They will not take as long to bake, so you’ll need to keep a close watch. They are likely to be done around the 15-minute mark, but that can vary depending on your oven.
Can I make this into a layer cake?
Yes. One batch of this batter will make approximately one layer so I recommend doubling it.
Does almond flour taste like almonds?
Yes, almond flour does have a mild almond flavor. If you love almonds, you can’t help but love cooking with almond flour. Think of it like recipes that call for almond extract. You are adding a little bit of almond flavor to enhance the dessert. That’s what it’s like baking with almond flour. It’s a slight flavor, but it enhances whatever you are making.
There are going to be recipes where almond flour isn’t a good fit, but when it comes to baking, it is magical! Not only is it a fantastic alternative to regular flour, but it also adds a lovely texture to your food too. If you haven’t tried it already, this is the perfect cupcake recipe to start with.
- 2 cups powdered erythritol
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 oz cream cheese
- In a bowl with an electric mixer cream the butter and sweetener until light and fluffy. Add the sour cream and vanilla and beat until combined. Add the eggs one at a time mixing after each.
- Stir in the flours, baking powder, and salt until thoroughly combined. Divide batter between 12 muffin cups lined with paper liners.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 min. Some ovens will take up to 30. You want the cupcakes to be firm to the touch and golden brown.
- Cream together the butter and cream cheese in an electric mixer. Slowly add the powdered erythritol. Mix until light and fluffy.
Still, craving low carb cupcakes? Don’t worry; we have you covered:
Get the Keto
Over 75 delicious recipes with photos
for only $14.99!