Keto Creamy Chicken Casserole is a perfect meal option for busy weeknights. Deliciously made with shredded chicken, spaghetti squash, cream cheese, mayo, sour cream, mozzarella cheese, crispy bacon, and seasoned beautifully. This easy dinner is gluten-free, grain-free, low carb, and keto.
No need to dirty up a bunch of dishes with this one-pan meal! And let me tell you...it’s so EASY! With all the kids, life can be hectic. While I am a foodie and love cooking, there are days that I seriously don’t want to step foot in the kitchen.
What I love about this chicken casserole is that I can make it quickly without a huge fuss. Fewer dishes mean less clean-up, and that makes me very happy too. But the best part is that I can put this healthy casserole in front of my family, and they will devour every last morsel. Those “happy plates” tells me all I need to know about this keto creamy chicken casserole.
What You’ll Need
- Chicken - Any shredded chicken or leftover rotisserie chicken will work.
- Spaghetti Squash - I simply half, remove the seeds and cook in the instant pot for 8 minutes.
- Cream Cheese - It’s easiest if you use softened or room temperature cream cheese.
- Mayo - Any variety of mayo will work.
- Seasonings - I like a combination of onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Mozzarella - You’ll need it for the casserole and the topping too.
- Bacon - Freshly cooked and crumbled is delicious but 100% real bacon crumbles are what I normally use in casseroles.
- Chopped Chives - If chives are out of season you can use some very finely sliced green onions in their place.
How To Make Keto Creamy Chicken Casserole
Just four simple steps are between you and this incredible easy dinner casserole. Let’s take a look.
First Step: Begin by preheating the oven to 350 degrees.
Second Step: Combine the softened cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, and seasonings together. Then add in the chicken, spaghetti squash, mozzarella cheese, and bacon crumbles. Spread it all into a 9 x 13 greased baking dish.
Third Step: Sprinkle the bacon, cheese, and chives on top.
Fourth Step: Bake the keto creamy chicken casserole for 30 minutes or until it’s hot, and the cheese is bubbly.
Chicken Casserole Variations
Naturally, you can make a few adjustments to get some extra yumminess that fits the people you are feeding. Here are a few ideas that I think you will enjoy.
- Mushrooms - Adding a few sliced mushrooms from the casserole is a great way to add some earthy flavor.
- Onions - You can either add fresh-cut onions or saute some in a little bit of olive oil before adding them to the keto casserole. One trick I have is to bake the onions in the casserole dish to soften them before mixing them in and putting the filling in the casserole. I love to save on washing dishes whenever possible.
- Dijon Mustard - To add a kick of flavor, add in 1-2 teaspoons of some dijon mustard.
- Cheddar Cheese - We love the way that mozzarella tastes in this combination, but you can also add in some cheddar cheese.
- Pepper Jack Cheese - If you want a little bit of spice, shred some Pepper Jack cheese and sprinkle on top. Yum!
- Spinach - To add extra nutrients, add in a cup or so of spinach. It’s going to add some tasty flavor and brightness too!
Can You Freeze Keto Creamy Chicken Casserole?
Yes, I use a similar sauce in my other chicken casseroles and have had success freezing them. I do prefer them fresh but leftovers freeze just fine. Sometimes I'll make an extra casserole just so I can freeze lunch-sized portions for myself.
What To Serve With Keto Chicken Casserole?
This keto creamy chicken casserole is pretty much an entire meal, and there isn’t a lot of need for sides and extras. However, if you are in the mood for something extra or are feeding a hungry group of people, you might as well make all the sides. Here are a few ideas:
- Salad - You can go with a simple salad that has lettuce, tomatoes, and other veggies, or you can go for something bigger like my Zucchini Salad with Lemon & Feta.
- Bread - Of course, bread is always going to be a huge hit. I recommend my Keto Breadsticks or Keto Garlic Bread.
- Vegetables - Any of your favorite veggies will work well with the flavors in the chicken casserole. We like to serve my Roasted Brussels Sprouts or Oven-Roasted Green Beans, but anything would work.
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup bacon crumbles
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Mix together the sauce ingredients. Stir in the chicken, spaghetti squash, mozzarella, and bacon. Spread in a greased 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Top with the remaining cheese, bacon, and chives.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Get the Joy Filled Eats Keto eBook Bundle!
Over 100 easy recipes w/photos & nutrition info.