This Peanut Thai Shrimp is quick, easy, and flavorful. With sauteed vegetables and cauliflower rice, it is a better for you choice than a traditional Pad Thai. It will satisfy your takeout craving in no time.
Peanut Thai Shrimp – Low Carb, Grain Free, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, THM S, Keto
My husband surprised me with a bag of shrimp the other day. Most wives would probably prefer chocolates or flowers but I was thrilled with a 2-pound bag of frozen shrimp.
That meant we would not be eating leftovers again for dinner. One of my favorite Thai dishes is Pad Thai. This peanut Thai shrimp mimics the flavors of that classic without the heaviness of all those rice noodles. It is a quick dinner and can be prepared in under thirty minutes.
All you need to do is stir fry some veggies and shrimp. Then, combine the sauce ingredients in a rocket blender and blend until smooth. Add the sauce to the pan and dinner is served. I like to serve this over cauliflower rice.
If you don’t have a small blender you can whisk the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl.
Like what you see? Follow me on Facebook! Love this recipe? Tag me on Instagram: @joyfilledeats, and leave a comment & 5-star rating right here! Make sure you don’t miss new recipes by getting email updates!
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tbsp soy sauce (or 4 tbsp coconut aminos and omit water)
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 onion sliced
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/2 sweet pepper sliced
- 1 lb shrimp thawed
- 1/2 lb zucchini sliced (or other vegetable of your choice)
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- pinch crushed red pepper optional
- cilantro, peanuts, lime wedges to serve
- Make the sauce. Combine the first five ingredients in a rocket blender and blend until smooth. Alternatively, you can whisk them together in a small bowl.
- Heat coconut oil in a large frying pan. Cook the onion for 2 min over medium heat until it starts to soften.
- Add the garlic and pepper. Cook until softened.
- Move the veggies to the edges of the pan and put the shrimp, zucchini, and mushrooms in the middle. Cook the shrimp until they curl up and turn pink all the way through.
- Stir in the sauce. If it is too thick you can add a few more ounces of water. If using the crushed red pepper now is the time to add it. If you like spicy food add as much as you want. Taste, as you go, until the sauce has the right heat level.
- Serve with chopped cilantro, peanuts, and lime wedges.
Get the Keto
Over 75 delicious recipes with photos
for only $14.99!