Need a foolproof recipe for Dry Rub Baby Back Ribs in the oven? Here ya go. With a simple dry rub, you can make smokey ribs right in your oven that taste like they spent the day in a smoker.
We love our smoker and love smoked ribs but it takes an entire day to smoke a rack of ribs and we don't always have enough time. I wanted an easy way to get that nice smoke flavor and have tender dry rub ribs just by cooking in the oven.
How to Make Dry Rub for Baby Back Ribs
How to cook ribs in the oven
What to Serve with Ribs
- 4 lb baby back ribs
- ¼ cup smoked paprika rub
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 225. Rub the paprika rub on the ribs and place them on a stainless steel rack. Pour 2 cups of water and ½ cup apple cider vinegar in the tray. Bake for 3 hours uncovered on the rack.
- Remove the ribs from the oven and wrap in foil. Cook for an additional 2 hours at 225.
- Uncover the ribs, turn the heat up to 400 and bake for 1 hour.
- Optional: Broil on high for 5-10 minutes at the end to brown the ribs. Watch closely as they can burn.