Fall off the bone, smokey, tender ribs are one of the best things ever. These were so good we didn't even need barbecue sauce. I just asked my ten-year-old to describe the ribs we had the other night. His description word for this Smoked Ribs Rub BBQ Recipe was "delicious".
My husband has wanted a smoker ever since he first tasted our brother in law Dan's homemade smoked pulled pork. It is amazing. We love good barbecue which isn't that easy to get in NJ. A few weeks ago he ordered a smoker. I am so glad he did.
We got this Smoke Hollow Propane Smoker:
All we did was buy the cheapest 30" smoker Amazon had and we weren't disappointed. There a few more great options for sale if this one is not available.
Edit: My dear husband said I needed to come back and give my brother in law Dan credit for creating the timing recipe for the smoked ribs. I'm happy to do so. And he needed me to tell you that he was the one who actually cooked the ribs. Not me. Thank you, honey, for cooking the delicious ribs!
Smoked Ribs Rub Ingredients
- paprika (if you are not smoking the ribs I recommend using smoked paprika)
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- chili powder
- cayenne pepper
- black pepper
This rub is also excellent on Keto Chicken Wings!
Directions: Combine rub ingredients. Rub the smoked ribs rub on the ribs. Cook the ribs. Eat the ribs.
How to Cook Ribs in a Smoker
We used cherry wood. It has a mild smokiness and gives a sweet flavor to the meat.
Preheat the smoker to 225. Use a handful of cherry chunks that have been soaked in water for 30 min. Put ribs on the rack for 3 hours at 225.
Removed the ribs and wrap them in foil adding 1-2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar. Put ribs back in the smoker for 2 hours at 225.
Remove ribs and unwrap them from the foil. Put them back in for 1 hour on 225. Be careful and gentle as moving the ribs at this point, they are completely falling apart.
Remove and eat.
Prefer to cook ribs in the oven? Try these Dry Rub Baby Back Ribs.
What to Serve with Ribs
Some of our favorite side dishes to go with ribs are keto broccoli casserole, keto coleslaw, keto broccoli salad, and keto caesar salad. Any of those plus these amazing smoked ribs and I know dinner will be a success!
- Combine rub ingredients. Rub the rub on the ribs.
- Preheat the smoker to 225. Use a handful of cherry chunks that have been soaked in water for 30 min. Put ribs on rack for 3 hours at 225.
- Removed the ribs and wrap them in foil adding 1-2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar. Put ribs back in the smoker for 2 hours at 225.
- Remove ribs and unwrap them from the foil. Put them back in for 1 hour on 225. Be careful and gentle as moving the ribs at this point, they are completely falling apart.
- Remove and eat.
Get the Joy Filled Eats Keto eBook Bundle!
Over 100 easy recipes w/photos & nutrition info.