These Coconut Flour Waffles with Strawberries is so easy it is the perfect weekday breakfast. It takes about 10 minutes start to finish.
Most mornings I eat eggs for breakfast. About 9 out of 10 mornings. But sometimes I want something a little different. Since it is a Tuesday morning, and I have 2 of my 4 children underfoot, it had to be simple. Enter the coconut waffle.
How to Make Coconut Waffles
All you need are measuring spoons (tablespoon and teaspoon) and two small bowls. I made this batter twice and tried it as waffles and pancakes. The waffle came first but it just needed something. So I tried the pancakes with the strawberry sauce. Perfection. The waffle itself and the pancakes were equally delicious but the pancakes broke when flipping. If you don't have a waffle iron feel free to make coconut flour waffles into messy looking (but super yummy) pancakes.
Ingredients for the coconut flour waffles with strawberries:
full-fat canned coconut milk
Can I Make this into a Mug Cake?
Yup! This recipe also works as a mug cake. Just microwave for 2 ½ minutes. I had it that way for breakfast a couple of days ago.
This makes one large coconut waffle, one mug cake, or three small pancakes. Perfect for one serving for breakfast.
My recipe for Keto Strawberry Muffins is also based on this dairy-free waffle recipe.
Toppings for Coconut Flour Waffles
I really love this with strawberry sauce but you can top it however you want. You can just serve this with some chopped fresh strawberries and a drizzle of sugar-free maple syrup. Or top with low carb vanilla ice cream for an amazing dessert.
Coconut Waffles with Strawberries
Ingredients for the single serve waffle:
- 2 tablespoon coconut flour
- 2 tablespoon coconut milk I used full fat canned coconut milk
- 2 tablespoon finely shredded coconut
- 1.5 tablespoon Joy Filled Eats Sweetener (or see alternatives in recipe notes)
- 2 tablespoon almond milk
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
Ingredients for the sauce:
- 4 frozen strawberries
- Heat up your waffle iron.
- Combine all the waffle ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Grease waffle iron with cooking spray or coconut oil. Pour on batter (it will be thick).
- Cook until golden. Put on a plate.
- Make the sauce. Microwave the strawberries in a small bowl for about 90 seconds until thawed and warmed. Using kitchen shears cut up right in the bowl.
- Dump the strawberry sauce on your waffle. Enjoy!
Originally Published February 2, 2016. Revised and Republished July 9, 2019.