This Keto Chocolate Tart Recipe has only 6 ingredients but looks fancy enough to be in a high-end bakery. With a simple low carb pie crust and a ganache filling, you can have a world-class dessert in no time. This easy keto tart recipe is low carb, gluten-free, grain-free, sugar-free, and Trim Healthy Mama friendly.
Raspberries are one of my favorite fruits by far. They are an indulgence in my house because everyone except my husband loves them and they are not cheap for most of the year. There have been several birthdays that I've asked for fresh raspberries instead of cake. And in January they are even more special.
When I decided I needed to make ganache the ideal accompaniment was a simple tart shell to balance the sweetness of the chocolate and raspberries to add a lighter dimension and pops of color.
How to Make a Chocolate Tart with Raspberries
There are just a few steps to making this easy chocolate tart recipe. First, you make the pie crust. Then you bake and cool the crust. Next, make a simple ganache by heating cream and adding chocolate and sweetener. Pour the chocolate ganache filling into the tart crust and chill. Top with raspberries and serve.
Crust for a Keto Tart
You have two choices for a crust for this tart. I chose to use a simple baked low carb pie crust made with almond flour, coconut flour, butter, and water. It is light and flaky.
What type of Chocolate should I use
I used sugar-free semisweet chocolate chips in the ganache but you can use any sugar-free or low carb chocolate. If you choose to use 85% or darker chocolate you may need to increase the amount of sweetener to balance the bitterness.
Tips for making Chocolate Ganache
One of the best tips I have for ganache is to transfer it into a blender or food processor. This ensures a smooth texture. I decided to skip this step and my ganache wasn't absolutely smooth. I'm pretty sure I'm the only person who noticed but next time I'll make sure to blend it.
Can I use another type of berries?
Yes! Blackberries, blueberries, and strawberries will all work. The only thing you need to do is make sure they are dry before putting them on top of the keto tart. Wet berries will make unsightly white spots on the chocolate.
Can I add a flavor to the ganache filling?
Sure! Add some peppermint extract and leave off the raspberries for a Chocolate Peppermint Tart. Or add some orange extract to add some zing and turn this into an Orange Fudge Chocolate Tart. You can omit the berries and top this with whipped cream and chocolate shavings instead. Love Mexican Hot Chocolate? Add some cinnamon. The flavor options are endless.
Want a tart without chocolate filling? Try this Easy Almond Tart!
Other Low Carb Raspberry Desserts:
Pie Crust Ingredients:
- 4 oz sugar-free chocolate chips
- 4 oz heavy cream
- ⅓ cup Joy Filled Eats Sweetener (or see alternatives in recipe notes) finely ground
- Mix the ingredients in a food processor until the dough comes together. This takes 1-2 minutes of processing. The dough will go from crumbly to a ball. Roll out or press into a pie plate. Bake the crust for 12-14 minutes at 350 degrees until golden brown. Cool completely.
- Heat the cream in the microwave for 2 minutes or in a saucepan over medium heat until bubbles form around the edge. Remove from heat and add the chocolate. Stir until melted. Add the sweetener and whisk until smooth and shiny. Pour over the cooled pie crust and spread evenly.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes or until the chocolate has set. Top with fresh berries or whipped cream, if desired.
- Topping the Chocolate Tart with one pint of raspberries adds 1.7 net carbs per slice.
- You may substitute the no-bake crust found here: https://joyfilledeats.com/strawberry-tart/