These amazing Orange Fudge Fat Bombs are made with just a few simple ingredients but will satisfy all those chocolate cravings.
Hi guys! Lindsay here from over at That's Low Carb?! Happy to be here today to share with you one of those simple recipes that have won over the hearts of my entire family.
We've been making these for the past month as they are SO easy to whip together, are entirely flourless and are the perfect combination of sweet and satisfying.
I love fat bombs in general. They are the perfect treat when you are trying to stick to your macros. I know people who swear fat bombs are what kick them into ketosis, like with our Fat Bomb Pork Chops.
Our family personally doesn't go into such details as some will ( our main goal was for the family to lower their blood sugars) but something we do know is that these little Orange Fudge Fat Bombs actually completely satisfy our cravings. I even find myself just bitting one in half and that curbs all cravings.
In reality, chocolate and orange just go together.. you can never go wrong with that flavor combo, right??
Ingredients you'll need for these Orange Fudge Fat Bombs
- Butter - what are fat bombs without the fat! We had butter on hand when we've last made these but we have made it with coconut oil in the past and that is a lovely dairy-free alternative to use for this recipe.
- Cocoa Powder - this is how we make these fat bombs flourless! Good ole' cocoa powder. We personally prefer the unsweetened cocoa but if you'd like to make these extra chocolatey you can use special dark cocoa powder!
- Powdered 'Sugar' - We used powdered swerve for this recipe. You can use other sweeteners such as Taryn's sweetener, be sure to check out our low carb sweeteners guide to help convert.
- Orange Extract - this is what we used to keep the carbs low.
Tips for Fat Bombs - Make your own powdered sweetener
Did you know you can turn any favorite granular sugar into powdered just be pulsing in the blender?
It's a hack we've been doing for some time now when we can't quickly get our hands on powdered swerve. We almost always have granular erythritol in the cabinet. Quickly pulsing in the blender (very very dry blender) for 2-3 minutes will turn the granular sugar into powder!
Note on the very very dry blender. You really want to make sure your blender is dry and there is no moisture hiding in there after a wash. It'll make the transition to powdered sugar really difficult.
How to Make Fat Bombs
When you are stirring the mixture together you'll want the dough to easily form a dough ball when you are rolling it. If the mixture is dry and crumbly I've found adding 1 Tablespoon of water to the mixture will help form it right up.
Now I find that if you let the mixture sit for 10-15 minutes the dough will harden a bit even more as the butter cools down. I personally don't like waiting though.
So if you are impatient like me simply roll the fat bombs right away. They should be solid but when you place onto the counter the bottoms will flatten a bit. Simply pop in the fridge for 5 minutes, roll again make them fully round and pop back into the fridge for storage.
Now if you really don't care if the bottoms of your fat bombs are flat don't worry at all! Simply roll and pop in the fridge for storage.
Can I use a different flavor of extract?
Of course! If you'd like fudge fat bombs minus the orange extract go for it! They'll taste like little chocolate fudge bites of heaven. You can also sub in peppermint extract, caramel extract, vanilla, add in a little cinnamon or anything else you can think of!
Love Orange? Try my Orange Creamsicle Cheesecake next!
Can't get enough Chocolate? My Dark Chocolate Raspberry Truffles are a must!
- In a bowl mix together all ingredients together. Mixture should form a ball and come together. If mixture is a tad crumble and won't stick together add a couple dashes of water until mixture holds together.
- Roll dough 1 Tablespoon each into a ball. Should make around 10 balls.
- Store in an airtight container. In the refrigerator up to 7 days.