With the rich flavors of chocolate and pecans covered with fresh whipped cream, this Chocolate Praline Cake will be the best dessert to grace your table.
Upside Down Chocolate Praline Cake – Low Carb, Keto, THM S, Grain-Free, Gluten-Free
I LOVE upside down cakes. There is something amazing about putting the topping in first, and then letting the magic happen as it bakes. Cool, flip, and serve.
When Rohnda Sue decided to stop her blog she offered our group of Trim Healthy Mama bloggers the opportunity to share her recipes. I jumped at the chance to post her Chocolate Praline Cake.
If you haven’t noticed I’m a bit of a praline fiend. I have no less than 5 praline themed recipes already.
and the classic Pecan Pralines
But, alas, no praline cake! I had to remedy that situation.
And here is Rohnda:
How many of you have ever made that Pillsbury recipe? The one that used the devils food cake mix baked in a caramel pecan sauce and topped with whipped cream… Yeah, that was good! And, I am not gonna lie, there is nothing like sugar to give it that chewy caramel topping. But this is the Chocolate Praline cake that we eat and love and while it is not quite chewy caramel, it taste fantastic without sluggish sugar crash afterwards so we are calling it a win!
This recipe makes one, 9 inch round cake. If you are serving a lot of people or would like a fancier presentation, double the recipe to make two 9 inch cakes and layer them on top of one another, being sure to add a layer of whipped cream to the middle. Also, my Candied Pecans make a lovely topping if you are really going for “WOW”.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine butter, sweetener, and molasses. Heat just until bubbly then pour in heavy whipping cream and remove from heat. Stir. Pour mixture into a 9 inch round cake pan. Spread chopped pecans evenly over mixture and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat together the cake ingredients together until well blended. Allow to sit for a few minutes and then stir again. Gently spoon batter over pecans mixture in the pan.
- Bake for 30 min or until an inserted knife comes out clean. Allow to rest for 5 minutes and then invert cake onto a serving plate or tray.
- Whisk 1/2 cup heavy cream until thickened. Add 1 tablespoon sweetener and 1/2 tsp vanilla. Spread onto cooled cake just before serving. Garnish with additional pecans and chocolate shavings if desired.
To sub in Swerve use 1.5 to 2 times the amount of sweetener called for.
Get the Keto
Over 75 delicious recipes with photos
for only $14.99!