My easy Cheesy Cauliflower Rice recipe is a comforting and delicious side dish to complete any of your meals. You only need five ingredients, and it’s one of the best things you will ever taste.
If you haven’t eaten a lot of cauliflower, trust me! It’s one of those things that really grows on you and can be transformed into your new favorite recipes. There are many dishes that just taste better with a healthy side, like this cheesy cauliflower rice.
For the most part, we try our best to eat wholesome food that is nutritious. BUT when you are eating this cauliflower recipe, it doesn’t even taste like it should be healthy. It’s so comforting, cheesy, and scrumptious it’s hard not to go back for seconds. Try it for yourself, and you will see what all the fuss is about.
While you are in the mood for cauliflower, be sure to try my Keto Mashed Cauliflower with Cream, Loaded Cauliflower Casserole, Mediterranean Cauliflower Rice, and Dirty Cauliflower Rice. I can’t even tell you which one of my low carb cauliflower recipes I like the best because they are all so good.
It really doesn’t get much easier than this recipe for this low carb keto cheesy cauliflower rice. I think you are really going to like the minimal ingredients, just five common ingredients plus a little salt and pepper. Let’s take a look:
- Cauliflower Rice: Head to your local grocer and grab a could of bags of frozen riced cauliflower. It’s easy because it’s already made, and you just have to thaw and drain it. I always buy extra because I use it in many keto recipes.
- Sour Cream: What makes this recipe stand apart from others is the sour cream. I love the rich and creaminess it provides.
- Cream Cheese: It’s best to start with softened cream cheese. Cold cream cheese is going to result in lumpy rice, and it’s just not very good. You can place it on the counter for an hour or so before you begin or place it in a microwave-safe dish and heat for 10 - 15 seconds until it’s softened.
- Mayo: You need full-fat real mayonnaise for this recipe. Trust me, it’s incredible, and there aren’t any acceptable substitutes.
- Cheese: I use a combination of cheddar cheese and Monterey Jack cheese. If possible, shred it yourself because it will melt better in your low carb recipes and doesn't have additives like potato starch.
- Salt & Pepper - Feel free to add extra or omit it depending on what you like. Cheese is naturally a little salty, so you don’t need a lot of added salt.
How To Make Cheesy Cauliflower Rice
If you are always hunting for easy sides, this is one of the best! You barely have to lift a finger, and it comes together beautifully every time. Here are the easy steps to follow:
Step One: Heat the oven to 350 degrees and coat a baking dish with cooking spray.
Step Two: Add all of the cheese except ⅓ cup for the topping to a dish. Add the cauliflower, sour cream, mayo, cream cheese, salt, pepper, and the rest of the shredded cheese together.
Step Three: Pour the cauliflower mixture into the pan and add the rest of the cheese.
Step Four: Bake the cheesy cauliflower rice for 40-45 minutes or until it becomes bubbly and golden brown.
Can You Make Cauliflower Rice with Fresh Cauliflower?
Yes, you are welcome to use fresh cauliflower rice if you’d rather. To make it, you will need to cut it into pieces and add it to your food processor. Mix until it resembles rice, and you are good to go. Be sure not to overprocess it, or the texture is going to be off.
You can also buy fresh riced cauliflower in the produce section of some well-stocked grocery stores.
Can I Make Cheesy Cauliflower Rice Ahead Of Time?
Sure! You can prepare and bake this cheesy keto cauliflower in advance. After it’s cooled down, place it in a container that has a tight-fitting lid. It typically lasts 4-5 days in the fridge.
What Health Benefits Do You Get From Cauliflower?
Due to its mild flavor and the fact that it’s low in carbs, it’s a popular ingredient in the keto community. But, it’s also super healthy and has valuable nutrients too. It is a great source of fiber, vitamin K, vitamin C, potassium, magnesium, and iron. Plus, it also is an antioxidant too. So, eat your cauliflower because you can’t go wrong.
What Do I Serve This With?
Any of your favorite keto meals. Really. We like it with so many different dishes they are impossible to name. A few of our top choices to have along with cauliflower rice recipes are my easy Keto Chicken Thighs, Keto Mississippi Pot Roast, or Keto Pulled Pork.
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray an 8 x 8 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Set aside ⅓ cup of the shredded cheese to use as a topping. Stir together the remaining ingredients. Spread in the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with the reserved cheese.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, until the casserole is golden and bubbly.