Another delicious low carb, keto, gluten and grain free, Trim Healthy Mama friendly casserole has arrived. This Barbecue Chicken Bacon Casserole has the smoky flavor of barbecue, bacon, and cheddar.
Barbecue Chicken Bacon Casserole – Low Carb, Grain & Gluten Free, THM S, Keto
I decided to not to actually use BBQ sauce because it is difficult to find a sugar free sauce and I didn’t have time to make one. The combination of spices and herbs is what gives this casserole it’s flavor. The smoked paprika is the secret. It gives it a smokey flavor and really makes you think of the yumminess of barbecue season.
If this is your first visit to Joy Filled Eats you should take a peek at my casserole collection. They are all low carb, gluten free, keto, and THM S.
This looks like a lot of ingredients but most of them are spices. Feel free to substitute your favorite BBQ rub to taste instead of my spice combination.
Another delicious low carb, keto, gluten and grain free, Trim Healthy Mama friendly casserole has arrived. This has the smoky flavor of barbecue, bacon, and cheddar.
- 2 lb cooked chicken breasts diced
- 20 oz bag of frozen cauliflower thawed and drained well
- 6 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 8 oz cheddar cheese shredded or cubed, divided
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp chipotle powder
- 1/8 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/8 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp bacon crumbles divided
- Combine cream cheese, mayo, sour cream, and all the spices. Mix well.
- Fold in chicken, cauliflower, 3/4 of the cheese, and 1/2 of the bacon.
- Put in a casserole dish. Sprinkle on the remaining cheese and bacon.
- Bake at 350 for 35-40 min until bubbly and hot.