This Asparagus Quiche has only 3 ingredients to let the roasted asparagus star in this perfect spring brunch dish. And I bet you’ll never guess what the 3rd ingredient is.
Asparagus Quiche – 3 Ingredients, Low Carb, Keto, Paleo, THM S
When I posted a teaser photo on both Instagram and Facebook asking my readers to guess my secret ingredient no one got it. Dozens of guesses and not a single right answer.
Ready to find out with it is? Here is a big hint. This is dairy free. So it is not butter, cream, cheese, cream cheese, or cottage cheese.
My secret ingredient is Buttery Coconut Oil! I used it to roast the asparagus and then decided to throw some into the blender with the eggs and see what happened. What happened was a delicious buttery egg filling that got crusty around the edges.
I always encourage my readers to tweak recipes to their tastes. Love bacon? Go ahead and add some. Don’t care about this being dairy-free? Toss in some cheese. I’d love to try it with a herbed goat cheese. Have an abundance of fresh herbs in your garden? Chop up with basil and sprinkle it in. I thought about adding some sun-dried tomatoes but decided that 3 was the magic number for this recipe.
I loved making a pretty design with my roasted asparagus but that does mean a few lucky slices get all the asparagus tips.
- 1 tbsp butter flavored coconut oil
- 2 lb asparagus trimmed to remove the tough ends
- 10 eggs
- 2 tbsp butter flavored coconut oil
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Put 1 tablespoon of coconut oil on a large rimmed baking sheet. Add the asparagus. Roast the asparagus for 15 minutes or until crisp tender.
- Meanwhile, combine the eggs, 2 tablespoons coconut oil and salt in a blender. Process until smooth.
- Reduce the oven to 350. Put the roast asparagus in a large greased quiche pan or casserole dish. Pour the egg mixture over the asparagus.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the egg has set in the center and no longer jiggles.