This crustless Asparagus Quiche has only 3 ingredients to let the roasted asparagus star in this perfect spring brunch dish. And I bet you'll never guess what the 3rd ingredient is.
When I posted a teaser photo on both Instagram and Facebook asking my readers to guess my secret ingredient no one got it. Dozens of guesses and not a single right answer.
Ready to find out with it is? Here is a big hint. This is dairy free. So it is not butter, cream, cheese, cream cheese, or cottage cheese.
How to make Crustless Asparagus Quiche
My secret ingredient is Buttery Coconut Oil!
I used it to roast the asparagus and then decided to throw some into the blender with the eggs and see what happened. What happened was a delicious buttery egg filling that got crusty around the edges.
Can I add bacon? Cheese? Herbs?
Yes. Yes. Yes.
I always encourage my readers to tweak recipes to their tastes.
Love bacon? Go ahead and add some.
Don't care about this being dairy-free? Toss in some cheese. I'd love to try it with herbed goat cheese.
Have an abundance of fresh herbs in your garden? Chop up with basil and sprinkle it in. I thought about adding some sun-dried tomatoes but decided that 3 was the magic number for this recipe.
What to Serve with Crustless Asparagus Quiche
More low carb quiche recipes:
Spinach and Feta Quiche - one of my favorite flavor combos all in one neat package!
Low Carb Quiche with Bacon - this quiche is definitely Sunday brunch worthy.
Mini Quiche Recipe - perfect for an appetizer or grab and go breakfast.
Keto Quiche - this has ham and cheese and a delicious crust!
These are the best part of the asparagus.
I loved making a pretty design with my roasted asparagus but that does mean a few lucky slices get all the asparagus tips.
Make sure to try this Baked Asparagus next!
- 1 tablespoon butter flavored coconut oil
- 2 lb asparagus trimmed to remove the tough ends
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Put 1 tablespoon of coconut oil on a large rimmed baking sheet. Add the asparagus. Roast the asparagus for 15 minutes or until crisp tender.
- Meanwhile, combine the eggs, 2 tablespoons coconut oil and salt in a blender. Process until smooth.
- Reduce the oven to 350. Put the roast asparagus in a large greased quiche pan or casserole dish. Pour the egg mixture over the asparagus.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the egg has set in the center and no longer jiggles.