This satisfying Keto Quiche recipe is so flavorful and easy it’s one for the record books. Hearty eggs, creamy cheese, and ham are beautifully seasoned and cooked in this quiche. Once that first bite hits your tongue you will be hooked. Keep this recipe handy because you will need it again. This easy low carb quiche recipe is gluten-free, grain-free, sugar-free, and Trim Healthy Mama friendly.
I’ve always loved quiche. But when I started my weight loss journey I was worried that I wouldn’t be able to eat homemade quiche because I didn’t have a good option for a low carb crust. As time has evolved and I have practiced and learned in my kitchen, I am confident in my delicious pie crust recipe. It is the perfect ingredient to make this easy keto quiche.
Granted, there is always the option of making a crustless quiche and there is nothing wrong with that. But once in a while I crave that yummy goodness of a pie crust with my quiche. This combination is a win and tastes fantastic together. I am excited for you to taste it and see for yourself.
How To Make A Keto Quiche
If you’ve never made a quiche before, don’t worry it’s truly so easy! There aren’t many ingredients and there aren’t any hard or difficult steps either. Let’s get started so you can be digging into your quiche soon.
I use my easy keto pie crust in this recipe. It only has 3 ingredients plus water and you just press it into the pie plate. No rolling pin required!
First Step: Warm the oven up to 350 degrees F.
Second Step: Add the ham and cheese to the prepared pie crust.
Third Step: Mix together the eggs, cream cheese, and salt using a blender until it’s smooth.
Fourth Step: Add the egg mixture to the pie crust.
Fifth Step: Bake the keto quiche for 25-30 minutes or until the center is done and set. Serve hot and enjoy!
Keto Quiche Variations
You can keep this quiche recipe as simple as you want or as complex as you like. Sometimes I am in the mood for extra flavors so I will toss them in. Here are some ideas that you may enjoy as well.
- Pepper Jack – I love the little bit of spice you get from Pepper Jack. Either exchange all or a portion of the cheddar for a delicious option.
- Bacon – Who doesn’t enjoy some bacon now and then? Cook and crumble some bacon and add it to the quiche.
- Peppers – Any variety of peppers you like would work. Red peppers are great because they have a sweetness to them. Jalapenos would also be lovely.
- Onions – Chop, slice, or dice some onions and add to the quiche. Or you can sprinkle some green onions on top after baking. Yum!
- Tomatoes – Add some diced cherry or grape tomatoes for some extra color and fun.
- Sausage – Brown and crumble your favorite sausage. Sprinkle it in on top of the pie crust and follow the rest of the directions. You can include this with the ham or skip it completely.
- Spinach – Sneak in some extra nutrients by adding in some spinach. I love how gorgeous it looks with that bright green color and it is loaded with vitamins and minerals.
- Chicken – You don’t have to only make a quiche for breakfast. It’s great for brunch, lunch, or dinner too. Adding cooked rotisserie chicken is a wonderful way to add more protein too.
As you can see there are so many possibilities when it comes to this keto quiche. As long as the ingredients are low carb and work for you, then they can probably be added.
Is Leftover Quiche Good?
Yes, leftover quiche is fantastic! I would skip microwaving it if possible because it won’t give you that same texture and flavor as the first day. Instead, I find it’s better when you warm it in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until it’s hot all the way through.
Now that you are craving quiche, you aren’t going to want to miss out on these recipes:
- 2 cups chopped ham
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 350. Put the ham and cheese on the prepared crust.
- Blend the eggs, cream cheese, and salt in a blender until smooth. Pour the eggs over the fillings.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the center is set.