This satisfying Keto Quiche recipe is so flavorful and easy it’s one for the record books. Hearty eggs, creamy cheese, and ham are beautifully seasoned and cooked in this quiche. Once that first bite hits your tongue you will be hooked. Keep this recipe handy because you will need it again. This easy low carb quiche recipe is gluten-free, grain-free, sugar-free, and Trim Healthy Mama friendly.
I've always loved quiche. But when I started my weight loss journey I was worried that I wouldn’t be able to eat homemade quiche because I didn't have a good option for a low carb crust. As time has evolved and I have practiced and learned in my kitchen, I am confident in my delicious pie crust recipe. It is the perfect ingredient to make this easy keto quiche.
Granted, there is always the option of making a crustless quiche and there is nothing wrong with that. But once in a while, I crave that tradition of a pie crust with my quiche. This low carb recipe is a win and the combination tastes fantastic together. I am excited for you to taste it and see for yourself.
Make this along with my Keto Dutch Baby for a fantastic brunch.
Keto Pie Crust - This has almond flour, coconut flour, butter, and water. It comes together in seconds! If you prefer you can make this a crustless quiche instead.
Large Eggs - You need six large eggs for this recipe.
Cream Cheese - Adding cream cheese makes the quiche light and fluffy. If you can't find cream cheese just sub in heavy cream, mascarpone cheese, or ricotta cheese.
Ham - This is a great way to use up leftover baked ham after holidays but deli ham works just as well.
Cheddar Cheese - I use shredded cheddar cheese in my low carb quiche.
Salt & Pepper - You can always season to taste. I will taste the raw egg mixture to check the seasoning. I figure after years of tasting raw cookie dough a little raw quiche won't hurt me either.
How To Make A Keto Quiche
If you’ve never made a quiche before, don’t worry it’s truly so easy! There aren’t many ingredients and there aren’t any hard or difficult steps either. Let’s get started so you can be digging into your quiche soon.
First Step: Warm the oven up to 350 degrees F.
Second Step: Add the ham and cheese to the prepared pie crust.
Expert Tip: I use my easy keto pie crust in this recipe. It only has 3 ingredients plus water and you just press it into the pie plate. No rolling pin required!
Third Step: Mix together the eggs, cream cheese, and salt using a blender until it’s smooth.
Fourth Step: Add the egg mixture to the pie crust.
Expert Tip: To make a keto crustless quiche simply omit the crust! Make sure to grease your pie plate well.
Fifth Step: Bake the keto quiche for 25-30 minutes or until the center is done and set. Serve hot and enjoy!
Keto Quiche Variations
You can keep this quiche recipe as simple as you want or as complex as you like. Sometimes I am in the mood for extra flavors so I will toss them in. Here are some ideas that you may enjoy as well.
- Cheese - I love the little bit of spice you get from Pepper Jack. Other great choices are gryuere cheese, parmesan cheese, and swiss cheese. Either exchange all or a portion of the cheddar for any of these for another delicious option.
- Bacon - Who doesn’t enjoy some bacon now and then? Cook and crumble some bacon and add it to the quiche.
- Peppers - Any variety of peppers you like would work. Red peppers are great because they have a sweetness to them. Jalapenos would also be lovely.
- Onions - Chop, slice, or dice some onions and add to the quiche. Or you can sprinkle some green onions on top after baking. Yum!
- Tomatoes - Add some diced cherry or grape tomatoes for some extra color and fun.
- Sausage - Brown and crumble your favorite sausage. Sprinkle it in on top of the pie crust and follow the rest of the directions. You can include this with the ham or skip it completely.
- Vegetables - Sneak in some extra nutrients by adding in some fresh spinach, blached broccoli, or roasted asparagus. I love how gorgeous spinach quiche looks with that bright green color and it is loaded with vitamins and minerals.
- Chicken - You don’t have to only make a quiche for breakfast. It’s great for brunch, lunch, or dinner too. Adding cooked rotisserie chicken is a wonderful way to add more protein too.
- Sour Cream - It might not be traditional but serving quiche with a dollop of sour cream is delicious!
As you can see there are so many possibilities when it comes to this keto quiche. As long as the ingredients are low carb and work for you, then they can probably be added. To make a classic Keto Quiche Lorraine just sub in bacon, onions, and gruyere for the ham and cheese in my recipe. That variation is one of my favorite quiche recipes.
How do I store quiche?
This can be stored in the refrigerator for 3-4 days or frozen for 2-3 months. If you are going to freeze it make sure to wrap the cooled quiche tightly before placing it in the freezer.
How do I reheat leftover quiche?
Leftover low carb keto quiche is still fantastic! I would skip microwaving it if possible because it won’t give you that same texture and flavor as the first day. Instead, I find it’s better when you warm it in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until it’s hot all the way through.
Having breakfast options made ahead can really be a blessing with a keto diet. I try to make a quiche or egg bake on the weekend to just heat up on busy weekday mornings.
Like what you see? Follow me on Facebook! Love this recipe? Leave a comment & 5-star rating right here! Make sure you don’t miss new recipes by getting email updates!
- 2 cups chopped ham
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- 3 oz cream cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350. Put the ham and cheese on the prepared crust.
- Blend the eggs, cream cheese, and salt in a blender until smooth. Pour the eggs over the fillings.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the center is set.
Now that you are craving quiche, you aren’t going to want to miss out on these low carb recipes:
Make sure to check out my Breakfast Cookbook for more great recipes!
This is the PERFECT way to start the day. We couldn't love it any more.
Absolutely scrumptious! Quiche is a favorite breakfast for dinner item in our house! This one is at the top of the list. Thanks!
The idea of crustless quiche has honestly never been appealing to me either. I have to tell you this keto crust of your was perfect. What a great recipe!
Easy to make and very tasty! Reheats and freezes well too!
This is just the perfect keto quiche! All my favorite flavors.
OMG turned out so good and even my girls loved it!
I needed a savory breakfast I could prep for busy mornings and this was perfect. Thanks for sharing!
Renee Goerger says
I made this keto quiche just recently and fell in love with how easy and tasty it is! Thanks for the winning recipe!
Gail Ouellette says
OH MY! This is fabulous. I made this for my dad and myself. We both loved it. Had it for dinner with a side salad one night then for breakfast for the next couple of days. It is so indulgent it is difficult to believe it is good for you! Definitely making this again.
Oh my my my!!! I love love love this pie crust ! I grew up on Quiche and I’m hooked on this!!!
Thank thank thank you
Nellie Tracy says
Love quiches! This is such a great recipe, definitely a family favorite.
Noelle Simpson says
Yum! I loved making quiche for breakfasts on the weekend, thanks for sharing!
This quiche was so delicious! We liked it so much that I have it planned to make again this week!
Claudia Lamascolo says
We love this quiche and its so easy to make this was a big hit!
I made this for brunch the other morning and my family loved it! It was so delicious and tasty!
Jessica Formicola says
I made this for breakfast this morning and it was delicious! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe!
Gail Montero says
Love the ham version but you also can't go wrong with bacon, sausage and cheese all together in one yummy quiche!
Claudia Lamascolo says
this is the tastiest quiche I have ever made and my family loved it cant wait to make it again!
Judith Kooy says
can this be made without the crust as some quiche are?
Yes, just grease the pan well.