Chicken Parmesan is one of those dishes on the menu at every Italian restaurant across America. It is a classic and there is a good reason, it’s delicious! But it can be very labor intensive to make it at home. I’ll never forget one Saturday 6 or 7 years ago we invited company for dinner and decided to make chicken parm at the last minute. Not the brightest idea. I was still breading and pan frying the chicken when the company arrived. And then it needed to bake for 45 minutes. I think we finally ate dinner after 8. Oops! I promise this baked parmesan is much easier.
The lazy way to make chicken parm is to bake it in the oven. Since the coating is flourless you can just bake it without pan frying it first. That cuts the prep down to about 10 minutes. As much as I enjoy being in the kitchen I also love easy prep meals.
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 tbsp dried minced garlic
1/2 tbsp dried minced onion
1/2 tbsp dried oregano
1/2 tbsp dried basil
1/2 tbsp dried parsley
1/4 tbsp freshly ground black pepper
pinch of salt
1 cup jarred marinara sauce
6 oz shredded mozzarella
- 2.5 - 3 lb. chicken breast (my pack had 5 pieces)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tbsp dried minced garlic
- 1/2 tbsp dried minced onion
- 1/2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tbsp dried basil
- 1/2 tbsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tbsp freshly ground black pepper
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 6 oz shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 400. Line a large baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Beat egg in one small wide bowl. In a second bowl combine the parmesan cheese with all the spices and mix.
- Dip each piece of chicken in the egg and then the cheese, coating both sides. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 min. Top each piece with sauce and then shredded mozzarella.
- Bake for another 10-20 min until the chicken is 160 degrees when checked with a meat thermometer and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Subscribe to email updates on the right of this page.