My Toasted Coconut Toffee Pecan Turtles Candy has a myriad of flavors packed into every bite. Toasted pecans, toasted pecans, rich toffee, and dark chocolate combine for the perfect bite.
This recipe is really pretty simple. The only thing you are cooking is the toffee and then you just layer the ingredients. If you aren't a coconut fan you can leave the coconut out but the toasted coconut flakes I use add a nice texture and flavor to the candies.
I discovered Let's Do Organics Toasted Coconut about a month ago and I love it. It is much cheaper than the toasted coconut chips you can find in most stores lately and the only ingredient is coconut. I know I could toast my own coconut flakes but convenience is nice (and coconut flakes can burn easily).
This recipe has a few steps to layer the turtles candy but it is very simple. A layer of chocolate, pecans, a blob of coconut toffee, and then more melted chocolate. Enjoy!
If you'd like to make the pecans stick out to look more like little turtles go for it. I wanted these more for the taste than the cute factor.
Toasted Coconut Toffee Pecan Turtles
- ½ cup Joy Filled Eats Sweetener (or see alternatives in recipe notes)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoon cream cheese
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon caramel extract
- Combine the butter and sweetener in a small saucepan over medium low heat. Cook until light brown and thickened. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the extracts and cream cheese. Stir until the cream cheese is thoroughly incorporated. Stir in the toasted coconut and set aside to cool and thicken.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or in a double boiler. Line a cookie sheet with wax paper. Using about ⅓ of the chocolate spoon 12 circles onto the wax paper and spread them to about 1.5" in diameter. Press 3 pecans into the top of each.
- Once the toffee is room temperature you can divide it among the candies. Spoon the rest of the chocolate on top and sprinkle with the sea salt, if using. Put them in the fridge to set.
More Keto Candies: