This No Bake Homemade Keto Granola Bars Recipe has just 6 ingredients and takes 10 minutes to make. My delicious and healthy granola bars are perfect to keep in your purse for emergencies or send in your child's lunchbox to school. This easy low carb granola bars recipe is also dairy-free, gluten-free, grain-free, sugar-free, and Trim Healthy Mama friendly.
I grew up taking lunch to school and Quaker Chewy Granola Bars were always a staple. I liked all the flavors but my favorite was the classic chocolate chip.
There are times now when I'm running errands that I wish I could just grab a granola bar and keep going. But of all the prepackaged granola bars I've tried none of them hit the spot.
When I decided to make my own Keto Granola Bars Recipe I knew that I wanted simple flavors, simple ingredients, and chocolate chips. This combination of flavors and textures reminds me of those lunch box chocolate chip granola bars I grew up on.
These granola bars are chewy, crunchy, sweet, and have just the right amount of sugar free chocolate chips. In my opinion, this is the perfect healthy chewy granola bar recipe! This is one of my favorite keto recipes for on the go.
Ingredients in Low Carb Keto Granola Bars
- Xylitol - You NEED 1:1 sweeteners for this recipe. You cannot use a more concentrated sweetener.
- Erythritol - If you have pets and avoid xylitol all erythritol will work.
- Coconut Cream - Heavy Cream can be used instead if you do not need these to be dairy free.
That's right. There are only 3 necessary ingredients to make the sugar free syrup that binds these together. After that, you can choose what you put into your granola bars that suit a low carb diet.
Plus YOUR CHOICE of 3 cups of Mix-Ins:
- Almonds, Walnuts, Pecans, Peanuts, Cashews
- Coarse Sea Salt
- Sunflower Seeds, Pumpkin Seeds, Flax
- Peanut Butter, Almond Butter, Sunflower Seed Butter - don't count these within the 3 cups but you can add 2 tablespoons of your choice to the syrup
- Sugar Free Dried Cranberries
- Any variety of sugar free chocolate chips - think white chocolate, mint chocolate, peanut butter chocolate, butterscotch - whatever you enjoy!
How to make Keto Granola Bars
To make sugar free granola bars you just hold some ingredients together with syrup. You can make them with almost anything and I'm sure you've seen some odd ones in the store before. Pumpkin Seeds + Goji Berries + Raw Cacao Butter + Pistachios + Himalayan Sea Salt.
I think I'll stick with almonds, coconut, and chocolate chips. But if the above combination for no bake granola bars sounds good to you give it a try! As long as you have 3 cups of mix-ins to the amount of syrup I have listed it could work.
Step 1: Make the syrup by cooking the sweeteners and coconut cream. Making the syrup for this recipe is similar to making caramel but you don't need to cook it as long. You just want the syrup to start to thicken and turn a deep golden color.
Step 2: Once the syrup thickens just mix in the nuts and coconut (or mix-ins of your choice) and spread it in your baking pan. Make sure to line the pan with greased parchment or waxed paper or you will have a hard time removing the no bake gluten free keto granola bars when they firm up.
Third Step: Next just sprinkle the chocolate chips on top of the still-hot nut and coconut mixture. The heat will make the chocolate chips melt just enough the stick to the tops of the homemade keto granola bars.
After that, you just have to briefly chill the gluten free low carb granola bars and then cut them. You want them a little cooler than room temperature before cutting. They cut easily with a large sharp knife. If you are having trouble cutting the keto granola bars please carefully sharpen your knife and try again.
How long do they last?
These homemade keto low carb granola bars stay chewy for a few days but do get firmer and more crunchy with longer storage or when stored in the refrigerator. I store these at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
For some other great kid-friendly low carb keto recipes for snacks try these:
- Line a 9 x 9 square baking pan with parchment paper. Grease with coconut oil. Coarsely chop the almonds and coconut flakes by pulsing in a food processor.
- Combine the sweeteners and coconut cream over medium-high heat. Simmer rapidly, stirring frequently, until the mixture thickens and turns golden.
- Stir the almonds and coconut flakes into the syrup. Pour into the prepared pan. Press flat with a spatula or wooden spoon. Sprinkle the chocolate chips on the hot nut mixture. It should be hot enough that they melt a little and stick.
- Cool to room temperature. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Lift the parchment paper out of the pan. Cut the granola bars using a sharp knife.