These buttery Keto Almond Shortbread Cookies are an enjoyable sweet treat that you can’t resist. These cute little mini shortbreads are perfect when you want a bite or two of that sweet something. The chocolate almond dip is perfection and balances the cookies with a bit of deep chocolate flavor and almond crunch. Make them for parties, cookie exchanges, or any other reason you want to make delicious almond cookies! They are Keto, Low Carb, Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, and THM S.
Whether you prefer to dip shortbread cookies into a hot cup of coffee or eat them by themselves, they are delightful! There is just something about the combination of almonds and chocolate that calls my name loud and clear. It’s almost impossible to turn down almond shortbread cookies, and you’ll find that they are the first to go when they are on the dessert table.
Cookies are my weakness. I love having a bite of something sweet after lunch, after dinner, and if I’m honest even after breakfast.
There are a million reasons why I love cookies, and I’m guessing you feel the same way. Not only do they taste great, but they are perfect when you are on the go, need a dessert for a dinner party, and when your sweet tooth begs something special. No matter what reason you look cookies, you should for sure add these almond cookies to your list!
Keto Milk Chocolate Almond Bark
Milk Chocolate Almond Better Choice Bark has no added sugar, no maltitol, is gluten-free, made in the US, and has only 2 net carbs per serving. It is a great choice for anyone on a low carb or keto diet, diabetics, and kids of any age. Chocolate from The Chocolate Trader is sweetened with monk fruit so if sugar alcohols upset your stomach this is a great option!
I enjoy snacking on these chocolates so much I wanted to give them a try in recipes. They worked really well on the cookies! The chocolate melts easily and smoothly. It would also be great as the chocolate coating in my Almond Joy Candies.
What You Need To Make Almond Shortbread Cookies
All you need is 7 ingredients to make this easy shortbread recipe. If you do a lot of gluten-free or low carb baking, you probably have most of the ingredients in your pantry too.
- Butter – For best results when baking, it’s a good idea to use butter that’s room temperature. If it’s cold, you could always microwave it for 20 – 30 seconds, you just don’t want it to melt.
- Almond flour – Combining the almond flour with coconut flour gives you the best results.
- Coconut flour – Just a little bit of coconut flour goes a long way. Coconut flour helps to balance the oiliness of almond flour since it is naturally drier and absorbs more liquid than other alternative flours.
- Xylitol, erythritol, or monk fruit – All three are great so try whichever sweetener you like best.
- Gelatin – this shortbread recipe does not have eggs so the gelatin acts as a binder and helps it hold together.
- Sliced or chopped almonds – I can’t get enough sliced almonds with these shortbread cookies.
- Keto Chocolate Almond Bark – Your sweet tooth will thank you!
How To Make Almond Shortbread Cookies
Baking these cookies is so simple, and it doesn’t take you much time either. Here are the easy-to-follow directions:
First Step: Preheat the oven and combine the ingredients for the dough in the food processor until it forms into a dough ball.
You MUST process the dough until it is a ball. This can take 2-3 minutes.
Second Step: Place the cookie dough batter on a large rectangle baking sheet and cut the dough into 12 strips. Cut each strip in half and separate the cookies so they aren’t touching.
Third Step: Bake the almond shortbread cookies for 14-16 minutes or until the edges have turned light brown, then cool completely.
Fourth Step: Begin melting the chocolate while the cookies are cooling. Use the microwave or a double broiler. Then dip the cooled almond shortbread cookies halfway into the chocolate, making sure to drip off any excess. Then place them on wax paper and let them harden, enjoy!
Where can I buy The Chocolate Trader Milk Chocolate Almond Better Choice Bark?
- 2.5 oz Milk Chocolate Almond Better Choice Bark
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Next, combine the dough ingredients in the food processor and process until a ball of dough forms. This takes 2-3 minutes at high speed.
- Press into a large rectangle on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Cut into 12 strips and then cut each in half. Separate the cookies.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges. Cool completely.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or in a double boiler. Dip the cookies halfway into the chocolate. Let the excess drip off and set them on waxed paper to harden.
Get the Keto
Over 75 delicious recipes with photos
for only $14.99!