Oven Roasted Asparagus with Prosciutto and Warm Dijon Vinaigrette is a simple, delicious side dish that can be on the table in under 20 minutes. These roasted asparagus are dressed to impress with a bold, tangy vinaigrette, salty Prosciutto and shaved Parmesan. Great for a quick weeknight side and ideal for entertaining… if you’re an asparagus lover…you need this dish in your life!
Oven Roasted Asparagus with Prosciutto and Dijon Vinaigrette
Low Carb, Keto, THM S, Grain-Free, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Paleo, Whole30
Hi ya’ll..it’s Emilie again from Tales of a Texas Granola Girl!
Spring is in the air here in Texas! The Ranch is starting green up, trees are starting to bloom, we are starting to see lots of babies on the ground, wildflowers are peeking out and I couldn’t be more excited! Spring is one of my favorite times of year and it’s also when one of my favorite veggies of all time is at its finest…hello asparagus!
It seems that as a kid I loved all the veggies kids typically hate…and hated the ones they loved…crazy I know. Asparagus has been my favorite vegetable since I was a kid, but it wasn’t until a few years ago that I fell in love with it all over again…by roasting it!
If you haven’t tried roasting asparagus or other veggies, you are seriously missing out! Roasting brings the veggies to life, intensifies the sweetness and flavor and leaves them with great texture. Roasted asparagus is a quick, go to low carb and keto friendly side in our house that everyone loves! The tips of the asparagus get a little crispy and caramelized…so good! My little one will actually munch the crispy ends off all the spears if we don’t watch her!
How to Trim Asparagus
I don’t actually trim my asparagus I just snap the ends off. You just grab the bottom of the asparagus and bend it until a little bit of the end snaps off. That is the part that is too tough to eat.
How to Bake Asparagus
One of my favorite ways to cook asparagus is to roast it or bake it. Roasting is just baking at a high temperature. To make oven roasted asparagus (or almost any vegetable) just toss with some oil, salt, and pepper and dump on a baking sheet. Pop in the oven and let the high heat do it’s magic.
To take this yummy side dish straight over the top, these roasted asparagus get dressed up with a warm, tangy Dijon Vinaigrette and topped with golden Prosciutto nuggets and shaved Parmesan. Simple, bold and unforgettable! Better yet, this quick and easy low carb & keto friendly side takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish!
Dairy free? Paleo? Whole30? No problem! Just leave off the shaved Parmesan!
Prosciutto is cured Italian dry-cured ham and can be found in the specialty section of most grocery stores in packages already diced. It has a rich flavor and lends great flavor to this dish! If you can’t find prosciutto you can substitute bacon or pancetta, unsmoked Italian bacon, if you prefer. The bacon will give a little more a smoky flavor than the pancetta, but the final dish will still be delish!
By the time I was done cleaning up from the photos, both of my girls had polished off the entire pan of roasted asparagus and all the delicious toppings! Guys, this one is a clear winner, but I’m warning you…you may want to make extra! This delicious oven roasted asparagus with parmesan is an easy side for a busy weeknight and gorgeous enough to entertain with…hope you enjoy!
Hope you’ll come on over and check out more of my keto and low recipes…especially if you are looking for venison or game recipes! Here are a few favorites:
For more easy low carb side dishes try these:
Garlic Broccoli Side Dish Recipe
Keto Mashed Cauliflower with Cream Cheese & Asiago
- 1 lb fresh asparagus washed and trimmed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Salt & Pepper
For the Vinaigrette:
- 4 oz diced Prosciutto
- 2 tbsp finely diced red onion or shallot
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 ½ tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3 ½ tbsp olive oil
- Garnish: Shaved Parmesan (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place the trimmed asparagus on a parchment lined sheet pan. Drizzle evenly with 2 Tbsp of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss the asparagus spears to evenly coat and arrange them in a single layer. Bake at 425 for 10-15 minutes or until the tips of the spears begin to brown and crisp and the stalks are tender. If you have mature asparagus with thicker spears this may take a few minutes longer.
- While the asparagus is in the oven, prepare the vinaigrette. In a medium skillet over medium heat, cook the prosciutto until light golden brown, about 5 minutes. Remove the prosciutto from the pan to drain on a paper towel reserving the drippings. You should have about 2 Tbsp. of drippings left. Add the onion to the reserved drippings and sauté for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another minute. Remove from the heat and whisk in the Dijon mustard and the vinegar. Finally, whisk in 3 Tbsp. of olive oil, taste and season with salt and pepper as desired.
- To serve, place the roasted asparagus on a serving plate or platter, drizzle with the warm vinaigrette, sprinkle the cooked prosciutto over the asparagus and top with shaved Parmesan.