I don’t think I’ll ever get tired of creating new pizza-themed recipes. I grew up on pizza and it has never gotten old. This Pepperoni Pizza Stuffed Meatloaf is packed with mozzarella and pepperoni. It is an Italian meatloaf at it’s finest.
Pepperoni Pizza Stuffed Meatloaf Recipe – Low Carb, Keto, Grain-Free, Gluten-Free, THM S
I’ve tried a few times to make breadsticks stuffed with mozzarella and I haven’t succeeded yet. Even when I used frozen cheese sticks the cheese melted and oozed out before the dough was cooked. I was afraid that would happen with this pizza meatloaf but wrapping the mozzarella with the pepperoni helped it to stay inside until the meatloaf is cut.
I had hungry kids waiting but if you let this rest for 20 minutes or so before cutting there should be less oozing of the cheese. We just scooped some back onto each piece. It was delicious.
Pepperoni Pizza Stuffed Meatloaf Recipe Ingredients:
2.5 – 3 lb ground turkey
1 tbsp each: dried garlic powder, onion powder, minced garlic, minced onion
2 tsp each: dried basil, parsley, oregano, salt
16 oz mozzarella cheese, cut in half lengthwise to make two approx. 2 x 2 x 6 in pieces
5 oz pepperoni slices
pasta sauce, to serve
This Pepperoni Pizza Stuffed Meatloaf is packed with mozzarella and pepperoni. It is an Italian meatloaf at it's finest.
- 2.5 - 3 lb ground turkey
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp each: dried garlic powder onion powder, minced garlic, minced onion
- 2 tsp each: dried basil parsley, oregano, salt
- 16 oz mozzarella cheese cut in half lengthwise to make two approx. 2 x 2 x 6 in pieces
- 5 oz pepperoni slices
- pasta sauce to serve
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine the ground turkey with the eggs and spices. Put 1/3 of it on a baking pan and make an 7 x 10 inch rectangle. Put a layer of pepperoni in the middle. Put the mozzarella on top of the pepperoni. Cover the sides and top of the mozzarella with more pepperoni. Use the rest of the ground turkey to encase the cheese and pepperoni. Put the remaining pepperoni on the outside of the meatloaf.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until the meat is 160 on a meat thermometer.