This vibrant, moist, delicious, and refreshing lemon drizzle cake is out of this world amazing! You can serve this keto lemon cake recipe for a dinner party, barbecue, holiday dessert table, or any other reason you can think of. It's the perfect dessert to win over a crowd. This keto lemon cake recipe is low carb, keto, gluten-free, grain-free, sugar-free, and Trim Healthy Mama friendly.
If you love all things lemon, then you should really try this lemon cake. I think I love lemon recipes because they are a perfect combination of tangy and light. Plus, they go with almost all other recipes so you can serve the lemon drizzle cake for all occasions.
Another reason why this lemon drizzle cake is a hit at my house is that it looks as appetizing as it tastes. I think making food that's visually appealing is so important and this lemon cake is a winner.
Lemon Drizzle Cake Ingredients
- Cottage cheese - You will be amazed by how moist this lemon cake is because of the cottage cheese.
- Butter softened - Make sure the butter isn't melted, just softened.
- Trim Healthy Mama Gentle Sweet or my sweetener - This gives the lemon drizzle cake the perfect sweet flavor it has.
- Eggs - They aid in making the lemon dessert tender and are an excellent binder.
- Lemon juice - Adds the tangy flavor we know and love with lemon desserts.
- Almond flour - Makes the cake tender and tastes so good.
- Coconut flour - You don't need tons of coconut flour, just a little bit.
- Baking powder - This will get the rise that you're looking for.
- Lemon zest - Just a little bit goes a long way.
- Powdered erythritol - It's perfectly sweet and makes this drizzle amazing.
- Lemon extract - Add some zing to the drizzle with lemon extract.
- Water - You only need a teaspoon or so.
How To Make Lemon Drizzle Cake
Step 1: Grease a bundt pan, give it a sprinkle of almond flour and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Step 2: Mix the cottage cheese, butter, and sweetener in your food processor until it's smooth. Then add the eggs, lemon juice, flours, baking powder, and zest. Once it's combined well add it to the prepared pan. The batter will be thick.
Step 3: Bake the lemon cake until it's a deep brown color and the center has firmed up.
Step 4: Drizzle the baked with lemon glaze after it's completely cooled.
How Do You Store Lemon Cake?
You should store the lemon drizzle cake in an airtight container or bag. You can leave the entire cake together and slice off a piece as needed. Or if you want, you can slice the lemon pound cake into individual servings and store it that way. It will age best if you wrap it with plastic wrap or aluminum foil before placing in an airtight container. This gives the lemon bundt cake an extra layer of protection. You can keep the cake on the counter, in the pantry or in the refrigerator depending on your preference.
Can You Freeze Cake?
Yes, absolutely you can freeze this lemon cake recipe. You should make sure it's protected from the frigid air in the freezer by placing it in an airtight freezer container. You can wrap each piece separately then place them all in a large freezer bag too. Then just grab out a piece as you want one.
To thaw the lemon cake, place it in the fridge or on the counter until it's defrosted. Then you can eat it. You could zap it in the microwave for a few seconds if you want it warm also.
This lemon drizzle cake will last 3-4 days on the counter or in the refrigerator.
How Do You Know When Keto Lemon Cake Has Spoiled?
The lemon drizzle cake is naturally moist, but it shouldn't be overly moist or watery. That's one indication is starting spoiling. Additionally, if you see that it's super dried out or crumbles apart, it's probably started going bad. It should never smell bad or have mold on it if it's still good. If you are ever in doubt, it's best to toss it. The lemon cake will last around 2-3 months in the freezer. It's great for leftovers!
Still Craving Lemon Desserts?
Try some of these flavorful and easy to make lemon desserts that my readers love!
- Lemon Curd Tart Recipe
- Keto Lemon Cookies
- Sour Lemon Gumdrops
- Lemon Squares Recipe
- Keto Lemon Pound Cake
- Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Crumb Bars
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 6 tablespoon butter, softened
- ¾ cup Joy Filled Eats Sweetener (or see alternatives in recipe notes)
- 6 eggs
- 4.5 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 ½ cup almond flour
- ¾ cup coconut flour
- 3 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ cup powdered erythritol
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract or zest
- 2 teaspoon water add more as needed to get the right consistency
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a standard 10 cup bundt pan butter the insides really well.
- Combine the cottage cheese, butter, and sweetener in the food processor. Pulse until smooth. Add the eggs, lemon juice, flours, baking powder, and zest. Pulse until well combined.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared bundt pan. The batter will be thick.
- Bake for 55-65 min or until the center feels firm when lightly pressed and the edges are deep golden brown. (Check at 45 minutes and cover with foil if getting too brown).
- Cool for 10 minutes in the Bundt pan. Run a knife around the edges and then remove it from the pan. Cool completely.
- Mix the ingredients for the glaze adding the water one teaspoon at a time. Drizzle the glaze on top of the cooled cake.