Tender golden cake topped with a heaping pile of cinnamon pecan crumbs? Yes. My Cinnamon Crumb Cake Recipe is perfect for breakfast, brunch, dessert, or a mid-afternoon pick-me-up. That's my favorite time to cut a piece and savor every bite. This easy coffee cake recipe is low carb, keto, gluten-free, grain-free, sugar-free, and Trim Healthy Mama friendly.
While most people love pumpkin my favorite fall flavor is cinnamon. I do like pumpkin in certain dishes (like a Pumpkin Cake Roll) but if I had my choice between cinnamon and pumpkin cinnamon would win at least 90% of the time.
I kept referring to this as a coffee cake and my kids would look at me like I was crazy. "It has coffee in it?" And even after I said no the boy looked skeptical. And my coffee loving oldest girl child looked disappointed. I had to explain that it tasted good when you ate it along with coffee. To which my daughter raised her eyebrows, gave me a sly smile, and said, "So... I can have a cup of coffee?" "Ummm. No."
In most cake recipes, I haven't really noticed a difference between dumping all the ingredients in the bowl at once and adding them one by one in a particular order. So I tend to keep things simple and just dump. It still resulted in a moist, tender cake.
½ cup each almond flour, coconut flour, ground golden flax
⅓ cup sweetener
4 oz half and half
2 oz cream cheese, softened
2 tbsp butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
1 cup almond flour
1 cup pecans, toasted
6 tbsp butter, melted
⅓ cup sweetener
2 tsp cinnamon
Expert Tip: Do not underbake this crumb cake recipe. If the topping starts to get too dark cover with foil for the last 10 minutes.
Store leftovers of this Cinnamon Crumb Cake in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease an 8×8 glass baking dish with butter or cooking spray.
- In a bowl with an electric mixer combine all the batter ingredients. Mix thoroughly. Pour into the baking dish and spread evenly.
- Combine topping ingredients in a food processor and pulse until crumbs form. Sprinkle on top of the batter.
- Bake for 45-50 min until golden and the center feels firm to the touch. Do not underbake. If the topping starts to get too dark cover with foil for the last 10 minutes.
- Store leftovers of this Cinnamon Pecan Crumb Cake in the refrigerator.