These easy Lemon Drizzle Cranberry Cookies should be your new holiday tradition. They are a classic shortbread cookie studded with dried cranberries and topped with a lemon drizzle.
Lemon Drizzle Cranberry Cookies – Keto, Low Carb, THM S, Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Sugar-Free
If you’ve spent any time around Joy Filled Eats in the fall you know I love cranberries! I grew up near cranberry bogs in central New Jersey and have loved these tart little berries as long as I can remember.
Growing up, for a long time, I did think cranberries only came in the form of jellied sauce shaped just like the can it slid out of. That variety I’m not so keen on. Once I had real cranberries and real cranberry sauce I was hooked.
Most dried cranberries are loaded with sugar. It can be hard to find unsweetened, or even juice sweetened dried cranberries. You can order them online or make your own.
A month or so ago I forgot about the cranberry sauce I was making and when I remembered the cranberries were dried enough they were just like those sweetened dried cranberries sold in stores. I’m hoping to test and repeat that mistake because the homemade dried cranberries recipes I have seen either require a dehydrator or hours and hours in the oven. My forgotten cranberry sauce turned into craisins in about an hour.
How to Make Cranberry Cookies with Lemon Drizzle
In order to have the cranberry flavor throughout the cookies, I added some of the cranberries to the food processor with the dough ingredients in the very beginning. As the dough mixed they were chopped into tiny pieces. Then I added some more dried cranberries and barely mixed those in so they were bigger pieces for more texture.
Remove the dough from the food processor, shape into two circles on the parchment paper, and cut into wedges.
I baked these the way you bake biscotti. They are twice baked. Once to begin to set the dough and the second time to crisp them up and turn the edges golden.
How to Make Lemon Drizzle
Lemon drizzle is SO easy to make. All you need is a powdered sweetener, water, and lemon extract.
After baking let them cool, stir together the ingredients for the lemon glaze and drizzle it on top. Sprinkle on some additional chopped cranberries and enjoy! Aren’t they pretty? I love the pop of red that having cranberries on top brings.
These look festive around Christmas. You could even make them into little trees by adding an almond trunk and a star cut from the from lemon zest.
I hope you enjoy these Lemon Drizzle Cranberry Cookies! Let me know what you think in the comments!
- 3 tbsp powdered erythritol such as Swerve
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- 1 tsp water
- 1 tbsp no sugar added dried cranberries chopped
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the butter, flours, sweetener, gelatin, vanilla, and 2 tablespoons of the dried cranberries to the food processor. Pulse until the cranberries are chopped and the dough comes together in a ball. Add the remaining cranberries. Pulse just until they are mixed in.
- Divide the dough into 2 balls. Press into 2 circles on the parchment lined baking sheet. Cut each into 8 wedges. A pizza slicer works well for this.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes. Separate so there is an inch or so between each wedge. Bake an additional 10 minutes until golden. Cool completely.
- Stir together the powdered sweetener, lemon extract, and water until smooth. Drizzle the glaze over the cooled cookies. Top with chopped cranberries, if desired.
To sub in Swerve use 1.5 to 2 times the amount of sweetener called for.
Get the Keto
Over 75 delicious recipes with photos
for only $14.99!