Fall is in the air and there’s nothing better than this keto pumpkin mousse recipe. It’s fluffy, creamy, and going to fill your pumpkin spice craving with every bite. You can serve this mousse recipe for all occasions. This easy pumpkin recipe is low carb, sugar-free, gluten-free, grain-free, and Trim Healthy Mama friendly.
It’s not a huge secret that every once in a while I love to indulge in something a little bit sweet. I try to eat desserts in moderation and try not to make it a daily thing. Of course, when fall hits I want fall-themed desserts. If you are a fan of everything pumpkin flavored, I know you’re going to love this keto pumpkin mousse. It is one of my favorite low carb recipes for September and October.
The best part about this easy low carb pumpkin cheesecake mousse recipe is that it is so simple to make and only takes a handful of ingredients.
How To Make Keto Pumpkin Mousse
There are only three easy to follow steps to make this incredible pumpkin dessert. Let’s take a look so you can head in the kitchen and get started making this amazing keto recipe.
Step 1: Begin by putting the heavy whipping cream in a stand mixer and beating until stiff peaks form. Transfer the whipped heavy cream to a separate bowl.
Step 2: Next, you will need to mix the cream cheese, pumpkin, low carb sweetener, and pumpkin spice in the stand mixer. Mix well until it is smooth and creamy. Add in a little of the whipped cream to lighten the cheesecake mixture.
Step 3: Gently fold in the rest of the whipped cream using a spatula. Then spoon or pipe the pumpkin mousse into small serving bowls or cups.
How to Serve Mousse
You can serve this in small fancy glasses, mason jars, or even spread it on a pie crust to make a pumpkin mousse pie. Either my keto pie crust which is baked or the no-bake crust on my cannoli cheesecake work great.
Can I Double This Pumpkin Keto Dessert?
Yes, of course, you can double this keto pumpkin mousse to serve more people. This recipe makes 4 servings. So you can simply multiply the ingredients by the number of people you are needing to serve. You can make it ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to five days before you need to serve it. I will warn you this mousse recipe goes over very well with a crowd. You may need to make a little bit extra for those people who want a second helping. The best part is nobody will have any idea that this is actually a keto-friendly dessert.
What Is The Difference Between Pumpkin Puree And Pumpkin Pie Mix?
It’s important when you make this keto pumpkin cheesecake mousse that you use pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling. Pumpkin pie filling already has pumpkin pie spices and sugar added to it. So whenever you make this low carb pumpkin mousse, be sure to use pumpkin puree.
Keto Pumpkin Mousse Variations:
If you’re in the mood for trying out some different flavors, then I’ve got some wonderful ideas for you to consider. Take a look at these ideas to get some inspiration:
- Chocolate - there’s nothing more delicious than the combination of pumpkin and chocolate if you ask me. While you don’t want to go crazy, you can add a few sugar-free chocolate chips to the top of the mousse.
- Pumpkin pie spice - just before serving the mousse, sprinkle a little bit of pumpkin spice on top. It adds some extra elegance to the dish and tastes great too.
- Cinnamon - another lovely option would be to sprinkle a little bit of cinnamon on top of the mousse. It looks great and tastes fabulous!
- Nuts - adding nuts to this low carb pumpkin mousse recipe is a great way to get some additional nutrients as well as have a little crunch. We like to add roasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds), walnuts, pecans, and occasionally some almonds when we’re feeling like having some nuts in the most. Just sprinkle as much as you want on top of each serving.
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 8 oz heavy cream
- ½ cup powdered erythritol
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice
- Whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Transfer to a separate bowl.
- Whip the cream cheese and sweetener until light and fluffy. Mix in the pumpkin puree and pumpkin spice. Add ⅓ of the whipped cream and mix well.
- Slowly fold in the remaining whipped cream. Spoon or pipe into small serving bowls.
More Low Carb Keto Pumpkin Recipes
If you are a fan of pumpkins, you have to try these low carb desserts!
- Keto pumpkin bars - these pumpkin bars are awesome if you’re heading to a potluck or family gathering. Everyone will devour them and you probably won’t end up with any leftovers.
- Keto pumpkin cheesecake -this incredible cheesecake is sure to make you moan with delight.
- Keto pumpkin pie twists - eat this for breakfast, serve them for brunch, or enjoy them as a sweet snack.