With tender and buttery pie crust, sweet pumpkin filling, and a spicy cinnamon sprinkle these Keto Pumpkin Pie Twists will become your new fall tradition!
Keto Pumpkin Pie Twists – Low Carb, Sugar-Free, Grain-Free, Gluten-Free, THM S
These Pumpkin Pie Twists at Deliciously Sprinkled looked so good that I had to come up with a healthy version. It is pumpkin season after all. I just got down my fall decorations from the attic and put pumpkins on the steps leading up to the front porch.
My husband is a big pumpkin fan and I’m a tiny pumpkin fan. I like pumpkin when it tastes more like cinnamon than pumpkin. I do not like pumpkin pie but I do like my cousin Theresa’s Pumpkin Roll. And I love these Keto Pumpkin Pie Twists. The pumpkin flavor is subtle which is perfect for me. If you want to these to taste more pumpkiny you can cut back on the cinnamon and other spices.
Keto Pumpkin Pie Twists Dough Ingredients:
Keto Pumpkin Pie Twists Filling Ingredients:
Keto Pumpkin Pie Twists Cinnamon Topping:
coconut oil spray or butter
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix together the pumpkin filling ingredients. Set aside. Combine the cinnamon topping ingredients. Set aside.
- Put cheese in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave one minute. Stir. Microwave 30 seconds. Stir. At this point all the cheese should be melted. Microwave 30 more seconds until uniform and gloopy (it should look like cheese fondue at this point). Add the rest of the dough ingredients and the cheese to a food processor. Mix using the dough blade until a uniform color. If you do not have a food processor you can mix in a medium bowl with a wooden spoon but you may need to dump it onto wax paper and knead it by hand to thoroughly incorporate the ingredients.
- Once the dough is a uniform color wet your hands and press it into a large rectangle on a piece of parchment paper. Cut it in half. Spread the pumpkin filling on one half of the dough. Top with the other half. Using a pizza cutter slice the dough into 8 strips and then slice those in half. Pick them up one at a time and twist them twice putting them down on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Spray with coconut oil spray or brush with a little butter and then sprinkle the cinnamon sweetener on top.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes until golden brown.
To sub in Swerve use 1.5 to 2 times the amount of sweetener called for.
Originally Published September 23, 2016. Revised and Republished October 16, 2019.