Keto Hot Chocolate Bombs are the treat you have been dreaming of, and you didn’t even realize it. The result is a cup of super creamy, rich, and delectable hot chocolate, unlike anything you have had before. The best part is that they have only 4 ingredients and 4 net carbs! And this hot chocolate bombs recipe is sugar-free, low-carb, gluten-free, and grain-free too.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of ChocZero. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Raise your hand if you love all things chocolate and hot cocoa! Well, I am right there with you and have found the perfect solution to our desires. Hot chocolate bombs are the craze that is sweeping the world right now, and now you can easily be part of it.
Whether you are looking for a fun and unique gift or just want to make something special for the kids, these keto hot chocolate bombs will save the day. I know you may be scratching your head, wondering how in the world these little things work, but I will be happy to tell you all about them and their glory! Whereas most hot cocoa bombs are full of sugar mine are sugar-free!
What Is A Hot Chocolate Bomb?
If you haven’t heard of a hot chocolate bomb yet, now is the perfect time to learn all about them. They are made with chocolate and filled with homemade hot chocolate mix. You simply add them to a mug, fill with hot almond or coconut milk, and the chocolate and hot cocoa mix dissolve. Then once it’s all mixed up, you can sip on it and enjoy that toasty warm feeling you get.
You can add all sorts of extra ingredients to the center of the hot chocolate bombs, sprinkles to the outside, or even more melted chocolate. They look so fancy and gorgeous, so naturally, they are lovely gifts too.
What You’ll Need
- ChocZero Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips - Milk chocolate or dark chocolate will work.
- Sweetener - I use my blend of erythritol, xylitol, and stevia.
- Cocoa Powder - Any unsweetened cocoa or raw cacao works.
- Heavy Cream Powder - This really is the secret ingredient to make a keto hot chocolate mix. Powdered milk is higher in carbs and has less flavor. You will probably need to special order the heavy cream powder but it's worth it!
- Sugar-Free White Chocolate Chips - Optional, but besides being pretty drizzling on some chocolate helps hide any fingerprints or mishaps from making the balls!
- Sugar-Free Sprinkles - Optional, but also great at hiding imperfections.
- Unsweetened Almond or Coconut Milk - Both work great, so it’s whatever your preference is will be fine.
How To Make Keto Chocolate Bombs
These mouthwatering cocoa bombs are surprisingly very easy to make. I have a feeling you are going to fall in love!
Step One: Begin by microwaving the chocolate chips for 30 seconds and stirring them. If they aren’t melted, go ahead and heat for an additional 15 seconds and stir again. Once they are melted about 75% through, go ahead and just stir them to finish melting.
Step Two: Get out your 2-inch sphere mold. Place one heaping teaspoon of melted chocolate into each of the cavities. Then take the back of your teaspoon and push the chocolate, so it goes up the edges. While the chocolate starts to set up, you’ll need to continue to push the chocolate up the sides to make the shell thicker and stronger.
Step Three: Prepare the hot chocolate mix by combining the sweetener, cocoa powder, and heavy cream powder together. Add one heaping tablespoon of hot cocoa mix into half of the spheres. Then spoon on some melted chocolate around the edge and add one of the spheres to form a ball. Drizzle on some melted chocolate and add your favorite sprinkles. Place in the fridge until firm.
Step Four: Put the keto hot chocolate bomb into a mug, then pour 6 ounces of hot milk over the top of the bomb. Stir and enjoy!.
Can I Add Marshmallows To The Cocoa Bombs?
Yep! Get some of your favorite sugar-free and keto-friendly marshmallows and add them to the hot chocolate bomb before you add the top. Then they will float in the cup of hot cocoa when you dissolve the rest of the ingredients. Low carb marshmallows tend to dissolve faster than regular sugary ones so I decided not to bother with them. If you really love marshmallows in your hot chocolate though go ahead and add some!
Can I Make These Another Flavor?
Sure! I have a recipe for White Hot Chocolate Bombs too!
Peppermint - Mix a teaspoon Peppermint Extract into the sweetener and let it dry a bit before adding it to the hot cocoa mix.
Raspberry - Mix a few drops of Raspberry Flavoring into the sweetener and let it dry a bit before adding it to the powdered mix.
Spicy - Add a pinch of Cayenne Pepper to the cocoa mix for some heat.
Mexican - Add a teaspoon of Cinnamon to the hot chocolate mix if you like Mexican hot chocolate.
Oreo - Sub in Black Cocoa Powder and use dark chocolate for an Oreo flavor.
Pumpkin - Add some pumpkin pie spice into the powder.
How Do You Give Hot Cocoa Bombs as Gifts?
There are a couple of options that work really well. First of all, you can place one keto hot chocolate bomb in a cellophane treat bag. Then tie a ribbon to make it look festive. Or another option is to buy little treat boxes and add one to a box. Both are lovely and thoughtful ways to give them as gifts.
I recommend giving them to teachers, daycare workers, neighbors, people who just moved into your area, or co-workers. Pretty much everyone will be excited to get a hot chocolate bomb!
Let me know if you try this hot chocolate bombs recipe! And try my Keto Mocha next!
- 6 oz unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- Microwave the sugar-free chocolate chips for 30 seconds. Stir. If they aren't completely melted microwave at 15 seconds intervals, stirring after each. When they are about 75% melted just stir until they are completely melted.
- Spoon a heaping teaspoon into each cavity of a 2-inch sphere mold. Use the back of the teaspoon to push the chocolate up the edges. As it sets keep pushing chocolate up the sides to make a thicker shell.
- Place a heaping tablespoon of the hot chocolate mix inside half the spheres. Spoon on melted chocolate around the edge. Top with the second half of the sphere. OPTIONAL: Drizzle with extra melted chocolate mixed with 1 teaspoon of coconut oil and top with sprinkles. Refrigerate until firm.
- Place a hot chocolate bomb into a mug. Pour 6 ounces of hot milk over the chocolate bomb. Stir until smooth.