Soup season is just around the corner and this Breakfast Bread with Kale and Bacon is the perfect thing to serve alongside a steaming bowl of soup or stew when you want to take things up a few notches! Studded with bacon and kale, this delicious keto bread is dressed to impress! Also, a great option for brunch or breakfast!
Hey guys! It’s Emilie again from Tales of a Texas Granola Girl! Here in Texas, we have spent the last few months fighting 100-degree temps and we’re so ready for a little reprieve! Fall is one of my favorite times of the year not just for cooler temperatures, but soup and stews are back on the menu! I mean let’s face it, no one wants a steaming bowl of soup when it is 108 outside!
Fall is also a time that I find myself wanting quick bread… you know Zucchini Bread, Pumpkin Bread… it’s quintessential fall food! So, wanting something different, I decided to go savory with this version of quick bread and this keto bread recipe with kale and bacon could not be easier or more delish!
Looking for a keto cornbread…check out my Keto Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread!
Need a nut-free sandwich bread? Try this Nut-Free Keto Bread.
To Prepare the Breakfast Bread Batter
This keto bread could not be easier to whip up and it all starts with eggs! After whipping up the eggs till they are light and fluffy all the ingredients go into the bowl for a quick mix. Don’t worry, even though this recipe uses 8 eggs, the bread it no egg-y. Whipping the eggs helps create stability for the bread but eliminates any egg-y texture! Using a stand mixer with a whisk attachment, whip the eggs for about 3 minutes on medium high until they’re about triple in volume and light and foamy. Then the rest of the ingredients can join the party!
I love using a combination of almond flour and coconut flour in keto bread recipes. Coconut flour is pretty economical to use and I like the texture it gives to low carb bread.
The Star of this Breakfast Bread Recipe…Kale!
This is not your ordinary keto bread recipe! Garlicky, sautéed kale and some chopped up bacon amp up the flavor of this bread and add great texture and flavor! The recipe calls for 3 cups of raw chopped kale but by the time you saute it and it wilts down you have about 2/3 of a cup! Be sure to remove the stems from the kale…these are tough and won’t be pleasant to bite down on!
I don’t know about you but we always have cooked bacon in our fridge so the addition of cooked bacon is absolutely no extra effort! I ways cook up a few pounds on Sunday to use for the week in roll-ups, omelets, salads, burgers…or just right out of the fridge!
The batter for this keto bread recipe comes together super quick! The savory batter goes into a lined loaf pan and gets topped with shredded Parmesan which creates a super crispy crust on top! Into the oven it goes and about 45 minutes later your house will be smelling amazing! Trust me here!
How to serve Breakfast Bread with Kale and Bacon
Once cooled, I like to slice the loaf in thicker slices then cut the slices in half to serve. This keto bread with kale and bacon is filling and so delicious paired with a bowl of soup or just smeared with a little butter! Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!
Check out these other quick bread recipes perfect for fall!!
- 3 cups kale, finely chopped with stems removed
- 1 clove fresh garlic finely minced
- 1 ½ tbsp. salted butter
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 Tbsp. 1:1 sweetener of choice
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/3 cup chopped crispy bacon
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease or spray an 8-9″ loaf pan and line with parchment and set aside
- In a skillet, melt 1 1/2 tbsp. butter over medium high heat and add garlic and chopped kale. Saute 3-4 minutes then add 2 Tbsp water to the pan. Continue to cook another 2-3 minutes until wilted and all liquid has evaporated, and the pan is dry. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine almond flour, coconut flour and the next 7 ingredients and whisk well to combine. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer and a whisk attachment, whip eggs until light, foamy and about triple in volume. This can also be done with a handheld mixer but use a large bowl to prevent splatter!
- If using a stand mixer, switch to paddle attachment. Add the almond flour mixture to the eggs and mix well. Add the sour cream and melted butter and mix well to combine scraping down sides at least once. Stir in sautéed kale and bacon.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the prepared loaf pan and smooth out the top. Sprinkle the parmesan cheese evenly over the top of the batter. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes to an hour or until a tester comes out clean. If you use a 9" pan the baking time will be slightly shorter, so keep an eye on it starting at 30 minutes!
- Cool in the pan. Using the parchment lift the loaf out of the pan and slice!
Get the Joy Filled Eays Keto eBook Bundle!
Over 100 easy recipes w/photos & nutrition info.