These healthy gluten free cinnamon rolls are perfect for lazy Sunday mornings. They have all the flavor without any sugar or grains. They are Low Carb, Keto, Grain-Free, Sugar-Free, and a THM S.
Last week was my birthday and for breakfast I wanted cinnamon rolls. I found a recipe for some using sprouted wheat flour and almost made them for Christmas but they seemed like a lot of work. Too much work when I’d rather be relaxing in my PJs and playing with my children and their new toys. However, the cinnamon roll craving has stayed with me for the last few weeks.
This morning I finally decided I should make some gluten free cinnamon rolls (especially since it’s my birthday and my husband is off from work and he can wash the dishes)!
Have you realized yet that I love dessert? My favorite thing about the Trim Healthy Mama way of eating is that I can still eat dessert. Since getting back on plan 2 weeks ago I have dropped the 6 pounds I gained between Thanksgiving and Christmas (I’m sure half of it was inflammation but I’ll admit the other half was from too much pie and too many cookies). I have lost those 6 pounds despite eating lemon cheesecake, cranberry bliss bars, caramel pecan sticky buns, and cinnamon rolls!
The dough I used for these was inspired by the first mozzarella dough I ever saw. The Cheese Danish on Up Late Anyway.
My Healthy Gluten Free Cinnamon Rolls are Low Carb, Keto, THM S, sugar and grain free.
These are best served warm. You can reheat leftovers in the microwave.
Yum. These were SO good. The cream cheese and the cinnamon. You absolutely cannot tell they are grain free or sugar-free. The taste like a Cinnabon.
These healthy gluten free cinnamon rolls are perfect for lazy Sunday mornings. They have all the flavor without any sugar or grains. Low Carb, Keto, THM S.
- 2 tbsp butter , softened
- 1/4 cup Trim Healthy Mama Gentle Sweet or my sweetener
- 1/2 tsp molasses (optional but this tiny amount adds negligible carbs and gives a nice flavor)
- 2 scoops Better Stevia using the included teeny tiny spoon (this comes to 90 mg of pure stevia if you are converting from another brand)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Put cheese in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave one minute. Stir. Microwave 30 seconds. Stir. At this point, all the cheese should be melted. Microwave 30 more seconds until uniform and gloopy (it should look like cheese fondue at this point).
Mix in the egg, vanilla, 2 tsp sweetener, baking powder, flours, and flax. Or pulse in a food processor until thoroughly combined. If mixing by hand you may need to dump it onto wax paper and knead it by hand to thoroughly incorporate the ingredients.
Once the dough is a uniform color wet your hands and press it out into a 9×12 ish rectangle on parchment paper.
Mix together the 1/4 cup gentle sweet, stevia, cinnamon, and molasses (if using). Spread the dough with 2 tbsp of butter and sprinkle with sweetener combo. Roll up along the long side. Slice into 3/4 inch thick slices. Put them in a greased baking dish or pie plate.
Put the cinnamon buns into the oven. Bake for 35-40 min until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, make the icing. Mix the cream cheese, butter, sweetener, and vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth. Set aside.
- Let the cinnamon buns cool for 5 min and spread the icing over the top. Serve warm. You can reheat leftovers in the microwave.