Coconut Flour Pizza Crust is incredibly delicious and the perfect base for all your favorite toppings. Pizza is one of the most popular dinner ideas for families everywhere. You can enjoy this coconut pizza crust recipe that happens to be low carb, keto, gluten-free, and grain-free without all the guilt.
Some of the best nights include a homemade pizza recipe! This keto coconut flour pizza crust is perfect for our family (especially because I have one daughter with a nut allergy so we can't all eat almond flour pizza crust), and we can top it with anything we want. A lot of times, we will have a special movie night or game night, and pizza is always front and center!
What I love about this coconut flour pizza dough is that it keeps you satisfied without making you feel overly heavy. It’s great to eat a couple of pieces of pizza and feel full, satisfied, and glad you made it. It has only 3 net carbs per slice!
How To Make Coconut Flour Pizza Crust
No matter what you put on your pizza, it will be finger-licking good, and a large part is thanks to the amazing easy keto coconut flour pizza crust. I think you will enjoy how simple it is to make.
First Step: Warm up the oven to 400 degrees F.
Second Step: Add the mozzarella cheese and 2 ounces of the cream cheese to a microwave-safe bowl. Heat it for one minute in the microwave, then stir and warm it for 30 more seconds. Stir the cheese again, and it should appear to be melted. Microwave it for 30 more seconds, and it should appear to look like cheese fondue.
Expert Tip: This is what the cheese should look like anytime you make a fathead dough whether you are using almond flour, coconut flour, or both.
Third Step: Add in the egg and coconut flour. Then dump the entire crust mixture onto wax paper and knead it by hand. Keep kneading until it’s well incorporated.
NOTE: You can also knead the dough in a food processor with a dough blade if you don’t want to do it by hand.
Fourth Step: Place the dough ball on a baking sheet drizzled with olive oil. Use your hands to press it into a large circle. Keeping your hands wet will prevent it from sticking.
Fifth Step: Bake the pizza crust for 10 minutes until it’s golden brown.
Sixth Step: Remove the coconut flour crust from the oven and add all your favorite toppings. Bake for 5-10 more minutes or until it’s melted and bubbly.
What Are Some Pizza Topping Ideas
You can literally top this coconut flour pizza crust with almost anything you want. Here are a few ideas that you may enjoy:
- Meat - Any kind of meat you enjoy like ground beef, Italian sausage, shredded chicken, or anything else you enjoy.
- Veggies - Chopped onions, peppers, mushrooms, olives, and tomatoes are a few things that come to mind.
- Cheese - I love all types of cheese with this crust—fresh mozzarella, provolone, and cheddar a few popular pizza toppings.
- Sugar-Free Barbecue Sauce - If you want to make barbecue chicken pizza, put on a little bit of sauce, chicken, onions, and cheese. So good!
Do I Have To Pre-Bake The Pizza Crust Before Adding Toppings?
Yes, it’s very important to pre-bake the pizza crust before adding toppings. This gives the crust time to cook properly and have a more crispy texture. If you add all the toppings at the beginning, the crust isn’t going to cook as quickly or evenly. So, definitely don’t skip this part because it is very important. If it's getting too hot out to turn on the oven try this Low Carb Pizza in a Skillet.
Does Coconut Flour Pizza Crust Actually Taste Good?
Yes! This homemade pizza crust tastes wonderful and very similar to traditional crusts. Now, it’s not identical, but without a doubt, it tastes very good. The texture is soft, chewy, and fantastic for housing all the incredible toppings.
I know some worry because coconut flour is sweet, but as a crust, with the addition of garlic powder, onion powder, and your toppings, you don’t even notice any sweetness. It tastes delicious and is great because it’s not loaded with carbs like traditional recipes.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Put mozzarella cheese and 2 oz of the cream cheese in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave one minute. Stir. Microwave 30 seconds. Stir. At this point, all the cheese should be melted. Microwave 30 more seconds until uniform and gloopy (it should look like cheese fondue at this point).
- Mix in the egg, coconut flour, and spices. You will need to dump it onto wax paper and knead it by hand to thoroughly incorporate the ingredients or you can do this in a food processor with the dough blade.
- Press or roll into a large circle on a baking sheet using wet hands. Bake on the bottom rack for 10 minutes until golden.
- When the crust is golden remove it from the oven. Top with your desired toppings. Bake on the top rack for another 5-10 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
FREE Mug Cake Cheat Sheet!
Six delicious low carb mug cake recipes on one printable page to keep on the fridge!