Warm Chai Pancake Muffins - Low Carb, Keto, THM S
How to make Chai Pancake Muffins
These are so easy to make. The batter mixes up in your blender and the icing just stirs together. Using paper liners keeps clean up to a minimum as well.
Warm Chai Pancake Muffins Batter Ingredients:
cottage cheese (4% fat works best)
Trim Healthy Mama Gentle Sweet (or my sweetener blend)
strong brewed chai tea
Chai Glaze Ingredients:
Trim Healthy Mama Gentle Sweet (or my sweetener blend), finely ground
chai tea ***
*** To brew the tea simply combine 1 tea bag with 2 oz boiling water and steep for 5 minutes. You will use half in the batter and half in the glaze.
How to serve Pancake Muffins
These can be served fresh from the oven or stored in the fridge for later.
You can eat these cold or at room temperature but I prefer to microwave them for 20-30 seconds so the glaze melts and drips down the sides. It reminds me of pancake syrup on hot pancakes.
More Keto Breakfast Ideas:
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup cottage cheese 4% fat works best
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- ⅔ cup almond flour
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ⅓ cup Joy Filled Eats Sweetener (or see alternatives in recipe notes)
- 1 oz strong chai tea
- ⅔ cup Joy Filled Eats Sweetener (or see alternatives in recipe notes) finely ground
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 1 oz strong chai tea
- Preheat oven to 350. Put paper liners into 18 holes of 2 regular sized muffin tins and spray with cooking spray.
- Put the cottage cheese in the food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Add the cream cheese and process until smooth. Add the other ingredients and pulse until they are thoroughly incorporated.
- Divide the batter between the prepared muffin tins. Bake for 22-24 minutes until they are no longer jiggly and are golden brown around the edges. Let cool. The muffins will sink a little making an indent to hold the glaze.
- To prepare the glaze stir together the ingredients. Divide the glaze between the cooled muffins. Store in the fridge.
- You can eat these cold or at room temperature but I prefer to microwave them for 20-30 seconds so the glaze melts and drips down the sides. It reminds me of pancake syrup on hot pancakes.
Originally Published January 20, 2017. Revised and Republished November 2, 2019.
Get the Joy Filled Eats Keto eBook Bundle!
Over 100 easy recipes w/photos & nutrition info.