This Instant Pot Beef Roast Recipe is my go-to recipe for making that comforting and fork-tender low carb pot roast. I use low carb vegetables to replace starchy potatoes for that low carb factor. Savory roast paired with radishes and mushrooms and a handful of spices to make one incredible keto friendly dinner.
We are still in full swing of winter, so reaching for hearty and comforting dishes is always on my menu. My Instant Pot has become one of my most used kitchen appliances. I love how if we want a Sunday roast I can now make it any day of the week, without needing to have it cook in the oven for hours.
Easy Instant Pot Beef Roast
So you are on the hunt for that low carb beef roast? If you didn’t know pot roast is naturally low carb, it is the ingredients that pair with it that make it a low carb keto-friendly recipe, or a high-carb dish. This recipe is low carb, thanks to the choices of seasonings and veggies I use. You don’t lack any flavor and young and old will dig into this savory Instant Pot pot roast recipe.
Best Cuts of Meat For Pot Roast
Now let’s talk about cuts of meat for a good pot roast! Not all beef is the same, and some cuts will always outshine other cuts when making a pot roast.
Chuck roast is what I gravitate towards when at the store shopping for a roast. You also might know this as chuck shoulder. This is the best meat for a pot roast as it has a beautiful marble of fat throughout the roast making it a prime cut of beef for that tender and flavorful roast.
Some like to reach for more prime meat, and if that is the case, brisket will work. You will find a lot of time a brisket can give you a more grainy texture as it doesn’t have as much fat throughout.
Bottom Round or Rump Roast
Here you have a leaner cut of meat in both round or rump. Both are similar and work good for roasts, try to find a roast that has some fat showing as you will get a more tender roast.
Give this keto pot roast recipe a try, and let me know how you and your family like it. A great dish to even serve company, as it is easy to make and serves a crowd.
Searing Your Instant Pot Beef Roast Locks in Flavor
One of the biggest tips I wanted to ensure you followed was browning your roast in the Instant Pot. I have done this for years, it helps to lock in flavors, add depth of flavor during cooking. It is a super quickstep that I don’t recommend skipping over.
How to Thicken Sauce in Instant Pot Beef Roast Recipe
If your liquid is on the thin side when your done cooking, I have a keto friendly tip to make that liquid turn into a nice gravy. Use beef gelatin or even xanthan gum to thicken up the liquid. Just place on stovetop and allow it to reach a soft boil and add in your gelatin or xanthan gum. Ensuring you stir constantly, so it doesn’t burn. Mix until it gets thicker, then spoon over roast and veggies.
Can You Have Roast On Keto
Absolutely! Eating roast on a keto diet is great! Roast beef has a nice amount of fat, which is higher than ham or turkey. Just make sure if you are eating deli-style roast beef you limit, as it is going to have preservatives and added salt.
How Long Will Instant Pot Beef Roast Last In The Refrigerator
You can store your leftover keto pot roast in the fridge for up to 3 days. Make sure it is in an airtight container so that you can preserve it. If you have any roast leftover after three days, you need to toss it.
Can You Freeze Pot Roast
Yes, you can freeze pot roast. Place in a sealable freezer bag or airtight container. Then store in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge the night before, and warm up in the oven or even your Instant Pot.
Here is also a great recipe for a Keto Pot Roast Freezer Meal
Can I Use Bone Broth In Replace of Beef Broth in Pot Roast Recipe
Absolutely! If you have beef bone broth feel free to use it in replace of regular beef broth. You will gain some added nutrients, which is excellent for your body.
More Keto Instant Pot Recipes To Try:
- Low Carb Broccoli Cheese Soup with Bacon
- Instant Pot Turkey Chili
- Instant Pot Barbecue Chicken
- Instant Pot Shredded Chicken
- Salsa Chicken Recipe
- Instant Pot Carnitas
- Instant Pot Meatballs
Have you ever made an Instant Pot Beef Roast before?
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 3 lb chuck roast
- 1 cup water or beef broth
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp dried Italian herb seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 medium onion quartered
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 16 oz radishes stem and root ends trimmed off and halved
- 8 oz button mushrooms
- 3 medium stalks celery cut into 3-4 inch pieces
- 1 tbsp fresh minced parsley for garnish
- Turn the pressure cooker on, press “Sauté”, and wait 2 minutes for the pot to heat up. Add the avocado oil and roast and cook until browned, about 3 to 4 minutes per side, flipping once. Press “Cancel” to stop sautéing.
- Add the water or broth, Worcestershire, Italian herb seasoning, salt, black pepper, onion, and garlic.
- Turn the pot on Manual, High Pressure for 45 minutes and let it do a natural pressure release.
- Add the radishes, mushrooms, and celery to the pot with the meat and liquid still in it.
- Turn the pot on Manual, High Pressure for 1 minute and let it do a natural pressure release.
- Remove the vegetables and roast, arrange them on a serving platter, and sprinkle the parsley on top. Strain the liquid and serve it alongside the roast and vegetables for drizzling on top.
Get the Keto
Over 75 delicious recipes with photos
for only $14.99!