This Creamy White Chicken Chili will warm you up on a cold day. It is a perfect entree to feed a crowd or take along in your slow cooker to a party or even tailgating.
Hi, it’s Donna from Whole Food Bellies again, and today I have a scrumptious no bean slow cooker white chicken chili to share with you. Don’t worry, even with a lack of beans this little bowl of comfort will fill up that belly in no time. We’ve ditched the beans in favor of veggies. Lots of veggies, and I am sure you are going to love it.
With the weather cooling down it is officially ‘pull out the slow cooker from the depths of the cupboard, dust it off, and put it to work‘ time. Are you ready? I sure am.
I love nothing more than throwing everything in the slow cooker in the morning and knowing dinner is cooking away and will be ready without much effort on my behalf on a busy weekday. It makes the day run so much more smoothly, especially if it’s the season of evening sports.
Who doesn’t love coming home to a cozy house with the smell of a hearty dinner emanating from the kitchen!
No Bean Slow Cooker Creamy White Chicken Chili travels well in a thermos for lunch on-the-go and can be frozen and reheated when needed.
What ingredients are in this Creamy White Chicken Chili with Cream Cheese?
Well, we kick out the beans, add a yellow pepper and a green pepper for extra substance, and add a garnish of corn for sweetness and color. It works so well I won’t be going back to the bean version any time soon. Even the kids guzzled it down, veggies and all.
How to Thicken White Chicken Chili?
If you need to thicken the chili you can add in a little xanthan gum or glucomannan. A little goes a long way.
If you are looking for another quick and easy weeknight dinner that travels well then check out my Instant Pot Broccoli Cheese Soup. It too is loaded with veggies, is SUPER CHEESY and needs just a handful of ingredients you will likely already have on hand.
If you have more time on your hands (I’m thinking a chilled out Sunday afternoon) then check out this similarly belly warming delight: Slow-Cooked Minced Pork Ragu. Lower the carbs by serving the ragu sauce with a cauliflower mash rather than the pasta.
Want to make this White Chicken Chili with Beans?
If you aren’t following a strict Keto or Low Carb Diet feel free to add a can of cannellini beans to this no bean creamy white chicken chili for extra protein and fiber. You can have 1/4 cup of beans in an S meal for the Trim Healthy Mamas out there. Looking for a more traditional no bean chili? I have one of those too! You could make a crock pot of each and call it a party. Enjoy!
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 yellow onion cut into wedges
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 4oz can diced green chilis I use mild
- 1 yellow bell pepper cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 green bell pepper cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup cream cheese softened (see notes)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- avocado, sour cream, cilantro, pumpkin seeds for serving
- 1/4 cup whole kernel corn optional
- Add chicken breasts to the bottom of the slow cooker and top with onion wedges, garlic, chilis, bell peppers, and herbs and spices. Add in the chicken stock and give everything a good stir.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- Once everything is cooked remove the chicken from the pot and use two forks to shred it. Put the chicken back in the slow cooker along with the softened cream cheese and heavy cream. Stir.
- Cover and allow to cook on high for another 15 minutes. At this point taste and add salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve with desired toppings.
- Cream cheese: you need to use cream cheese softened to room temperature or slightly heated in a microwave. If you do not you will end up with clumps of cream cheese in the chili.
- The nutrition facts include the corn as a garnish but if you would like to reduce the carbs you can omit it.
Get the Keto
Over 75 delicious recipes with photos
for only $14.99!