My Cranberry Cake with Walnut Crumb Topping is bursting with the flavors of fall in every bite. The tender cake, luscious cranberry sauce, and crunchy, nutty crumb topping will win over the most reluctant low carb eater.
This easy Cranberry Cake is both husband and 10-year-old boy approved. I think the two of them would've eaten the whole thing if I let them.
I hope some of you like cranberries as much as I do. This is my 4th cranberry recipe this month and I have one more coming up. I grew up at the northern tip of the New Jersey Pine Barrens. NJ is the third highest producer of cranberries in the US.
I wish I could say I was a fan of cranberries growing up but I thought they only came in a can. I think I finally fell in love with cranberries a couple years after I got married when I made a cranberry upside down cake I saw in a magazine. The tartness of the berries combined with the sweetness of the cake won me over.
As soon as September rolls around I always have a batch of sugar free cranberry sauce in my fridge. I use it in my Cranberry Baked Brie, Cranberry Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing, this Cranberry Walnut Crumb Cake, and, of course, on the side when serving turkey.
Cranberry Cake Ingredients:
1 ¼ cups almond flour
¼ cup coconut flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
⅓ cup melted coconut oil
½ cup coconut milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
Walnut Crumb Topping Ingredients:
1 cup sugar free cranberry sauce <----click for my recipe
1 cup walnuts
2 tablespoon coconut oil
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
In a hurry? Try my Keto Cinnamon Mug Cake instead!
- 1 cup sugar free cranberry sauce
- 1 cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoon Joy Filled Eats Sweetener (or see alternatives in recipe notes)
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350. Stir together the dry cake ingredients in a medium bowl. Add all the other cake ingredients and mix well with a wooden spoon. Spread in a greased 8 x 8 inch baking dish.
- Drop small spoonfuls of the cranberry sauce on top of the cake batter. Gently swirl with a knife.
- Combine the ingredients for the walnut topping in a food processor. Process until the nuts are chopped and wet crumbs form. Sprinkle evenly over the cake.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes until the cake is firm to the touch, golden, and doesn't jiggle when lightly shaken.