This Keto Baked Brie is covered with sweet cranberry sauce, golden dough, and toasted almonds. This easy cranberry baked brie recipe is also low carb, gluten-free, grain-free, sugar-free, and Trim Healthy Mama friendly.
Brie has become a party staple in recent years and it is normally wrapped in crescent roll dough with something sweet and served with crackers.
My favorite version was with cranberry sauce and nuts. I would add a little brown sugar and cinnamon to the cranberry sauce, plop some on the brie, wrap it up, top with nuts and bake. Sometimes I would skip the dough and just cover the brie with the cranberry sauce and nuts.
I need to make a Trim Healthy Mama version so I could indulge in the deliciousness known as baked brie. I decided to use a mozzarella based dough since I got 12 pounds last week for $1.50 a pound. You may see more mozzarella recipes in the near future. It worked really well as the dough for this brie.
Here is a great recipe for Baked Brie with Berries that you should also check out!
Cranberry Baked Brie Dough Ingredients:
8 oz mozzarella, shredded or cubed
2 oz cream cheese
⅓ cup almond flour
⅓ cup coconut flour
⅓ cup ground golden flax
1 teaspoon baking powder
8 oz round brie (must be fully enclosed in rind, slices will not work)
¼ cup sliced almonds
Notes: The dough will not cover the whole brie. You will flip it over and no one will ever know. The reason for this is that the dough doesn't cook as well under the cheese. It's easier to just give the impression the brie is completely en-robed in dough.
You could serve this with crackers or fruit (I love it with thin sliced green apples - this makes it a crossover for Trim Healthy Mama) or just eat it with a spoon. When it cools to room temperature you can cut slices and pick them up. But there is something nice about that ooey gooey brie spilling out when you cut into it.
- 8 oz round brie must be fully enclosed in rind, slices will not work
- ¼ cup sugar free cranberry sauce http://joyfilledeats.com/cranberry-sauce/
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon Joy Filled Eats Sweetener (or see alternatives in recipe notes)
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Put cheese in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave one minute. Stir. Microwave 30 seconds. Stir. At this point all the cheese should be melted. Microwave 30 more seconds until uniform and gloopy (it should look like cheese fondue at this point). Add the rest of the dough ingredients and the cheese to a food processor. Mix using the dough blade until a uniform color. If you do not have a food processor you can mix in a medium bowl with a wooden spoon but you may need to dump it onto wax paper and knead it by hand to thoroughly incorporate the ingredients.
- Press the dough out on a piece of parchment paper into a circle a few inches wider than the brie. Put the cranberry sauce in the middle of the dough. Put the brie on top of the cranberry sauce. Fold the dough up the sides and over a little bit of the brie.
- Turn the brie over onto a pie plate or other rimmed baking dish so the cranberry side is up. Sprinkle the nuts on top. Sprinkle the sweetener over the nuts.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the dough is golden.